Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
September 19: Marchenko with another goal in a 5-2 win. That's goal #5 :D in six games. Wouldn't mind seeing an assist in there somewhere at some point.

Too bad Olde Iron Balls can't enjoy this or get excited about it.
Goal and assist (his first of the year) today. 8 games, 6 goals, 1 assist. I have to imagine that he's going to be called up to the KHL team soon.

Reactions: EspenK

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Goal and assist (his first of the year) today. 8 games, 6 goals, 1 assist. I have to imagine that he's going to be called up to the KHL team soon.
I'd rather they not rush him up to the KHL. Let him continue to build his confidence in the VHL for awhile longer. They rushed him last year...don't make the same mistake again.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'd rather they not rush him up to the KHL. Let him continue to build his confidence in the VHL for awhile longer. They rushed him last year...don't make the same mistake again.
Lol. He played wooping 20 seconds in 1 game in KHL. That's it. He won't get minutes in KHL if called up, so you're right he should stay there, here he's getting 15 minutes at least.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Does this list of non-NHL/AHL players whose rights are held by the Blue Jackets look right?

Forwards
Angle - sign by 2021
Voronkov - sign by 2023
Karlberg - sign by 2022
Marchenko - sign by 2022
Meyer - must sign this spring
Howarth - not sure of deadline
Zaar - NHL contract on hold while in Europe
Sedlak - NHL contract on hold while in Europe
Quenneville - still hold rights?

Defensemen
Hjorth - sign by 2021
Berni - sign by 2022
Stucker - sign by spring 2022
Vainio - still hold rights?

Goaltenders
Tarasov - ELC, (RFA in 2022)
Thome - still hold rights?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Does this list of non-NHL/AHL players whose rights are held by the Blue Jackets look right?

Forwards
Angle - sign by 2021
Voronkov - sign by 2023
Karlberg - sign by 2022
Marchenko - sign by 2022
Meyer - must sign this spring
Howarth - not sure of deadline
Zaar - NHL contract on hold while in Europe
Sedlak - NHL contract on hold while in Europe
Quenneville - still hold rights?

Defensemen
Hjorth - sign by 2021
Berni - sign by 2022
Stucker - sign by spring 2022
Vainio - still hold rights?

Goaltenders
Tarasov - ELC, (RFA in 2022)
Thome - still hold rights?
CapFriendly now maintains reserve lists for teams:
Columbus Blue Jackets Reserve List - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

You're pretty close on most of 'em.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
September 19: Marchenko with another goal in a 5-2 win. That's goal #5 :D in six games. Wouldn't mind seeing an assist in there somewhere at some point.

Too bad Olde Iron Balls can't enjoy this or get excited about it.

Stay off my lawn.

giphy.gif

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I would guess Tarasov's ELC will slide a year since he isn't playing in the league this year?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Tarasov smoked for second game in a row (5 GAs). That's 11 Goals Allowed on 55 Shots for a GAA of 5.50 and Save % of .800. I am sure its not the start he, the CBJ or Assat were hoping for.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Marchenko was called up in SKA (KHL). 1st game he was sitting on the bench whole game, second game they gave him 3 minutes of ice time!!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Marchenko was called up in SKA (KHL). 1st game he was sitting on the bench whole game, second game they gave him 3 minutes of ice time!!
Again, I need a “Don’t Like” button for a post.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You can, just don’t post the whole story. Thanks!

Ok.

Apparently Columbus Scout Ruutu does scout Berni quite heavily and talks to the player after games, too.

However, ZSC Coaches and defense Coach Fredrik Stillman in particular don't seem thrilled about Berni receiving feedback from people outside the organization.

His Coaches do like Berni very much though and therefore give him a lot of ice time. Berni does want a lot of feedback or video from his Coaches, too.

The whole article is also about ZSC's 5-3 win vs Ambri. (Boxscore here: Game)

Berni was guilty on Ambri's second goal. Gave away the puck while trying to make a play without support against two forecheckers. Coach Grönborg doesn't blame him for it, says he liked the fact that Berni didn't just ice the puck.

Berni bounced back, had the primary assist on the game tying 3-3 and scored the gamewinner himself. Now has 4 points (2 goals and assists each) in 8 games.

So when asked about Berni's performance, Ruutu said that "in the end it was pretty good"

The article also mentions that Berni probably would have played at the world championships but had to pull out because of his apprenticeship (tests apparently).

Also, Berni says that he wants to play in NA next season.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
SKA's next game (Wed Oct 2) is against Ak Bars Kazan. Assuming they both play this is the game for CBJ fans to watch/follow because that's both Marchenko and Voronkov.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Er darf auch patzen

While his ice time 18/19 was the lowest of all regular defenders with a good 10 minutes per game, Berni now averages 18:26 under the new coach Rikard Grönborg. He has risen to number 3 behind Captain Patrick Geering and the Canadian Maxim Noreau. "That's cool," says Berni. "I can now apply a lot of what I've learned". "As a professional, you have to learn how to put up with something like this and return to your strengths," says Berni. "I went into the game against Ambri with self-confidence".

And if he plays bravely, then Berni is a factor on both ends. Then he switches on to attack, takes risks, and repeatedly frees himself from tricky situations with remarkable mobility. Then he can also defensively go for it, like against Ambris Johnny Kneubuehler, then he delivers assists and goals on the attack like on the 3:3 and 4:3, then he seems ripped off in bright moments like a veteran.

No question about it, the game winner was of course cooler than the check, says Berni, usual cheeky. The few words of short Trashtalk, always smiling, with Ambris Noele Trisconi after the 4:3, fit into the picture as well.
This is the Tim Berni he wants to see, says coach Grönborg. Then he'll forgive him for making mistakes like the uncontrolled pass behind his own goal, which stood at the origin of the second Ambri goal. "Mistakes happen. But I like that he tries things, not just wants to shoot the puck away," says Grönborg. "That's why we give him a lot of ice time, we want him to often get into these situations where he can learn. If we hold him back, he won't become a complete player."

Patience is part of learning. Defenders work is a 'high-pressure job', says Grönborg, "young defenders need more time in their development than forwards". And it takes curiosity. Grönborg has noticed how often Berni demands feedback: "That's the way the new generation of players is, they ask questions, they want to watch a lot of videos.
Answers come from Grönborg, but above all from Fredrik Stillman, the assistant coach who takes care of the defenders. Finally, the videos are presented by Johan Andersson, Grönborg's faithful companion and video coach. "With Tim we watch a lot of video," says Grönborg. "In order to make good decisions on the ice, to position yourself correctly even without puck, you learn that as a player above all with repetition - and with a lot of video study.

Berni, who spent the summer at the Columbus Blue Jackets youth camp, is being closely watched this season by the NHL organization, which drafted him in round 6 in the summer of 2018. Bernis goal is North America. If everything goes according to plan this current season, he wants to take the step next year. On this subject Berni takes a verbal defensive stance for the first time: "It's still a bit early to talk about it. First I have to play a consistent season with the ZSC.

Another recent article about Berni from a higher quality source. Sorry for the bad English, I used a translator (deepl, not google:laugh:). I did rewrite parts of the text but not everything. It's also not the whole article, just the more intersting half.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Let's assume that Lilja, Benstrom, Milano, Texier and Gavrikov have all graduated to the NHL - more or less on a regular basis. The CBJ need more prospects. I suddenly don't like the depth at forward.
The team should be fine while these guys get settled. But during the next 24 months, they need more prospects.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Let's assume that Lilja, Benstrom, Milano, Texier and Gavrikov have all graduated to the NHL - more or less on a regular basis. The CBJ need more prospects. I suddenly don't like the depth at forward.
The team should be fine while these guys get settled. But during the next 24 months, they need more prospects.

Who do you see retiring? As is I'm not sure where the next batch fits - TFW, Peeke, Sherwood, etc...

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Marchenko got another 2 shifts and 1:38 TOI today (10/2). WTF call a kid up to plant his ass on the bench? Just leave him in the VHL and let him actually play.

Same with Voronkov, he got 4 shifts and 2:20 TOI.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Marchenko got another 2 shifts and 1:38 TOI today (10/2). WTF call a kid up to plant his ass on the bench? Just leave him in the VHL and let him actually play.

Same with Voronkov, he got 4 shifts and 2:20 TOI.
Just imagine, CSKA treated Kucherov the same way, one of the reason he left and hates them now.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Who do you see retiring? As is I'm not sure where the next batch fits - TFW, Peeke, Sherwood, etc...

They have two years to replace Dubinsky, Foligino and Riley Nash, plus any of the guys that made the opening night roster that do not pan out (e.g. Milano).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad