Injury Report: CBJ place Jack Skille on IR; recall Josh Anderson.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
"@BlueJacketsNHL: #CBJ recall Josh Anderson from @TheFalconsAHL; @JackSkille placed on IR [READ]: http://t.co/G6Hb6TqUmI"

Drafted by the CBJ in the fourth round of thr 2012 NHL Draft, Anderson could possibly make his NHL debut against NYR, tomorrow night at home. In 36 games with AHL Springfield, Anderson has 11 points and is second on the team in PIM with 56 penalty minutes.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
We don't mind Fighting, just so long as it isn't being done by a guy who might not even be able to cut in in the AHL at this point and brings nothing else to the table. So we'll see what Anderson can do.

Surprised he got the call up over Adam but hey, I don't see a Tropp-Adam-Boll line being very effective. :laugh:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
So he will be the next whipping boy because the board doesn't like fighting?

I love fighting and am disgusted that it's declining.

That being said, Boll is a very mediocre fighter. I can't remember the last time he destroyed someone in a fight. Given his mediocrity, he should bring something else to the table like huge hits, which he doesn't.

Last night when he basically slowed to a stop and moved into the corner on a potential 2 on 1 said it all about what his playing ability is(n't).

Boll's chief asset is the nostalgia he creates in long term CBJ fans.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I love fighting and am disgusted that it's declining.

That being said, Boll is a very mediocre fighter. I can't remember the last time he destroyed someone in a fight. Given his mediocrity, he should bring something else to the table like huge hits, which he doesn't.

Last night when he basically slowed to a stop and moved into the corner on a potential 2 on 1 said it all about what his playing ability is(n't).

Boll's chief asset is the nostalgia he creates in long term CBJ fans.

He's 5-0-3 this year, per hockeyfights.com. Rarely do you see any heavyweights "destroyed". I've been disappointed in his play this year, I feel like last night should have been a game he was taking some runs at their players like they were doing to us. Honestly, he's never been the same since the injury, not sure if it's still nagging or he's read too many stories about concussions and ex players and he's in his own head now. That being said, until we are totally healthy, I don't see any better option. Richards had almost 1000 PIM's in his career, he's not going to take him out until we are bursting with extra talent that can drop the gloves with the big boys. None of the guys from Springfield have lit the world on fire in any capacity so he stays in the lineup until that happens

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
So he will be the next whipping boy because the board doesn't like fighting?

I love it when someone brings up 'the board' as if we can agree on anything as a unit. lol.

Happy for Josh. He looked pretty good in the preseason games until the NHLers started playing. Hopefully he's adjusted a bit to playing men. The next two games ought to be 'rich' to use HCTR terminology. He could be a factor in a game if he gets to play.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I love it when someone brings up 'the board' as if we can agree on anything as a unit. lol.

Happy for Josh. He looked pretty good in the preseason games until the NHLers started playing. Hopefully he's adjusted a bit to playing men. The next two games ought to be 'rich' to use HCTR terminology. He could be a factor in a game if he gets to play.

I hope he brings a physical presence, we have lacked the scrums and agitators this year. We play our best when there are some scrums, bad blood and a fight.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

It's very easy to generalize on this board because of the herd mentality.

'Fire Jarmo!'

'Jared Boll sucks and can't fight and is stealing money from the franchise'

'Jarmo needs to make the fourth line better by trading Boll'

'Todd Richards should be fired'

Something akin to those comments repeated ad nauseam.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
It's very easy to generalize on this board because of the herd mentality.

'Fire Jarmo!'

'Jared Boll sucks and can't fight and is stealing money from the franchise'

'Jarmo needs to make the fourth line better by trading Boll'

'Todd Richards should be fired'

Something akin to those comments repeated ad nauseam.

Less than thirty days on this board and you have us all figured out. The herd owes you our gratitude for your guidance.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Despite the early penalty, Anderson is bringing it. Loving his debut so far. Could easily fit on with this team right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad