Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/PIT]Blake Siebenaler for conditional pick

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Def just seems like a contract limit move for a team that has two guys that will be quantity for quality trades if they decide to move them .

Reactions: lilfedor

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He's about 12th on the depth chart. Barring most of the Pens and Baby Pens dmen falling into an alternate dimension he isn't going to suit up for 1 game, never mind 10.

Reactions: Giskard

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not being sarcastic when I ask, is there a point to this trade for the Pens? Like, is WBS really in need of defense right now or something?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Penguins were running uncharacteristically short on Germanic surnames after letting Kuhnackl walk, so this deal makes a lot of sense.

Not an expert on Germanic names, but I'd say we already had quite a few. Schultz, Güntzel and Ruhwedel. Maybe Kessel? If you count the north Germanics we have Hörnqvist, Pettersson and Bjugstad too.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The conditions indicate that this is an AHL move. He isn't playing in the NHL unless everyone gets hurt, or he earns it. If he earns it, he's worth a 7th. I'd bet the house on that not happening.

CBJ wanted the contract spot open and valued the absence of his contract, the Pens want some depth for WBS. Nothing move.

I'm surprised that there is emotion in this thread.

Reactions: td_ice

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The trade is next to meaningless but the transaction itself symbolizes wiping the slate clean between both teams FOs.

Reactions: Nakawick

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'd find that more plausible if it weren't for the fact that this takes us from 48 to 47.

Fiala/Tolvanen and the 1-2 depth pick ups will require a contract spot

But really, why else would Columbus give him away if it wasn't to free up a spot

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What type of defenseman is he? His numbers are crap in the AHL, so clearly he's not going to be an offensive juggernaut.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Not being sarcastic when I ask, is there a point to this trade for the Pens? Like, is WBS really in need of defense right now or something?

They get to do CBJ a favor. Maybe CBJ GM will remember this and be more receptive to a future deal.

That's what they mean by "future considerations", though technically this deal is not FC.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I'd be surprised if Blake Siebenaler ever played 10 NHL games based on statistics. Maybe, the Penguins will feel bad enough for the Jacket's that they'll make it the condition if he plays 10 NHL games over his career, counting pre-season games (of course).

Anyways, I kind of liked the pick at the time... Mainly, because he is from Ft. Wayne, Indiana. That's my neck of the woods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->