IMO this would be the one thing to make the Jackets defense elite as a whole

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard/ player traded for
Johnson-player traded for/ Savard

Any offers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I feel like CBJ have enough solid D prospects in the pipeline that this is entirely unnecessary.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Wouldn't this kind of trade create even more problems for CBJ in the expansion draft?

I assume you're talking about making this trade afterwards?

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
I agree on how see the pairings from the other thread but I wouldn't make a move now. Everything seems to be going pretty smoothly now and Murry is getting more accumulated to his off side. Long term I think I would look for a way to drop Johnson if he isn't taken in the draft. I'm also curious how far away is Gabriel Carlsson and a couple others from making the line-up.

I would be willing to give that up, but I feel the team needs a legit goal scorer. I'm still concerned that the offense is going to dry up at some point.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Savard can play as a 4 sure, but Jack and him have great chemistry which is something that's huge for playoffs. If him and Muray are paired together then we need to find a bottom pairing guy that will mesh well with Jack.

I... that... what? :whaaa?:

What is this even getting at? I'm honestly lost here. I mean, are you operating under some assumption that Murray will somehow forcibly displace JJ as #2LHD later on in the year? 'Cause even presuming such a scenario (currently looking unlikely BECAUSE of that chemistry and seeing as though JJ is arguably playing the best hockey of his career), JJ can play on the right just fine (and in fact did just that earlier this year when we were trying to force a Murray-Savard pairing and watching it fall flat on its face).

This just seems completely absurd. Your conclusions do not appear to follow from your premises and said premises appear to be based on nonsense to begin with. It reads to me like someone saying "Saad is going to only score 20 points this year, therefore we need a new center." It's just bizarre. :help:

Last edited:

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
I wouldn't do anything if I was Columbus. I've seen too many times where a team was cruising and made changes that had a negative impact.
They have a beautiful season going on there, don't mess with it.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Mike Stone is a UFA 4RD. You won't have to protect him in expansion, but you will have to pony up to beat the other offers.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Mike Stone is a UFA 4RD. You won't have to protect him in expansion, but you will have to pony up to beat the other offers.

I think Milano for Stone would be a fair offer. BJ's add a contract and a mid round pick if they want to send some dollars back the other way.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
CBJ 1st in this years draft
One of Milano/Abromov/Peeke/Dansk

Werenski-Jones

Any offers?

A slightly used often,broken and beaten Fayne . Cost , future consideration . Don't want to ask for more and fool up the good thing you got going :naughty:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Blue Jackets can have Wideman for a couple of mid round picks, e.g. two 3rds or a 2nd+4th. He's an UFA and shouldn't have a problem waiving his NMC for one of the best teams in the league.

Flames probably won't retain salary though but Columbus seems to have plenty of cap space with LTIR.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Werenski-Jones

Any offers?

Why in the world would Columbus need to do this? There is no way I would trade those assets for a defenseman. We have no need for one.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Werenski-Jones

Any offers?

Why are we dropping a very good #4 down to the bottom pair to spend assets on another #4 that will impact the expansion draft? What's wrong with the D as is right now. If anything CBJ will want a bottom pair depth guy for a playoff run. Expiring contract with experience.

Don't get this one. Keep the assets, keep the growth.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jackets say no thanks, lol.

It's just not a position of need. I'm comfortable with Nutivaara, Harrington, and Prout in the last D spot. Heck I even want to see Kukan up here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad