Confirmed with Link: [CBJ/NYR] McQuaid for 2019 4th, 7th & (D) Julius Bergman

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Any reason we shouldn't let this kid have a cup of coffee with the big team to give him a reason to think about staying? He sites one of the reasons of going back home to him not getting a shot at the NHL. I am sure one of the other reasons was that he played for the dumpster fire owned by the worst owner in the league, and, well, that part is fixed.
I don’t know but if our scouts don’t plead for that, then... no. There’s no reason.

Like it or not these guys are making the call.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Rented a guy for free to make sure we didn't have to force a kid into the lineup. Totally fine with this.

I think this is the perfect takeaway from McQuaid's tenure in NY.

As for the trade, the Rangers pretty much broke even. A 4th is a 4th and a 7th is a 7th. Both Kampfer and Bergman will be gone from the league next season, anyways....

Reactions: Trxjw

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Or Gilmour. Or Bigras.

Or, you know, just not had EIGHT regular defensemen.

You know, I still find it beyond strange that the only injury we've had on D that cost a significant amount of time was to Claesson. Last year we had McDonagh and Shattenkirk. The year before, Girardi and Klein.

You have 8 NHL capable D for the inevitable injuries and they just never happened this year. Among the forwards too.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't understand what was the point of giving Boston our picks so they could save good chunk of cap space and then trading McQuaid (who hasn't really impressed me with his play) for inferior draft picks. Seems like a big fail. What is the deal with Bergman why everybody keeps tossing him around like a hot potato?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You know, I still find it beyond strange that the only injury we've had on D that cost a significant amount of time was to Claesson. Last year we had McDonagh and Shattenkirk. The year before, Girardi and Klein.

You have 8 NHL capable D for the inevitable injuries and they just never happened this year. Among the forwards too.
We've had a pretty outstanding injury year. I wish this would happen when we're in 1st place and not trying to lose, but such is life :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad