GDT: CBJ @ Nashville | 8pm EST | "2013 Season Opener" Edition

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Really enjoyed that game last night I thought

the Jackets worked hard especially the 3rd period it seemed like we tilted the ice on them. Bob looked very good, Foligno parks his ass in the crease, beauty eh? Ryjo looked good. Artem played like a sniper, bulled his way to the net, nasty back hand goals - Rinne didn't get fooled much tonight but that backhand high glove roofed it twice.

I was most impressed by John Moore. That was really the first time I have gotten to see him carry the puck end to end, and I actually had to do a double take. He skates beautifully & effortless - now I see why we drafted him in the 1st round. Really feel pretty good about the defense for the first time ever. Murray, Erixon, Savard, Goulebev, Reilly add in Seth Jones.. wow. JMFJ & Wiz will play better as they get in shape, but TinTin was an awesome pairing. They really played well. So pleased for these guys

stoneinen12

Feb 19, 2008
Recall that Tootoo is now a Red Wing, and already has a game misconduct from last night. I don't think I'd mind having Boll around.

That said, he'd be my first choice for the bench if we were to swap in Letestu, also. I just wouldn't be so quick to sit him.

I wasn't suggesting that we scratch Boll, only that if we were to scratch somebody, it be Boll. We do have Dorsett who is similar in size to Tootoo, though admittedly giving up probably close to 20 pounds.

bizzz*

Boll should have had an assist on that Anisimov's goal. He made a good hit, took off the ice their best d-man and earned a PP for his team. Eventually AA scored when Weber was still in the box. That's some nice job he's done there.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Just a note to anyone considering going to an away game, Nashville is awesome. Most hospitable fans in the league. The game ops is awesome. (No cheesy minor league stuff) And the arena is located in a great place for country music bars / country music HOF / Ryman.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Going back to the Arena for the first time reminds me in a way of the first day of school. I'm looking forward to seeing all my "CBJ pals", seat mates, ushers, Jacket Backers, etc.

Kinda giddy, really. Let's hope we get a win and drown out whatever Detroit sends down 23 in an attempt to spoil our good time.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Leaf fan in peace.

Just thought I'd post a couple of tidbits.

Loved the comrodery in your win against Nashville. Looked like there's some great chemistry on your team. This is 100% needed to start a winning culture.

Everyone has/had written you guys off already. Quite honestly after watching Nash in NY and Anisimov and Dubinsky in CB, i would say the trade is much more even then most people would like to believe.

You guys are young with much improved depth and a good recent drafting record. I would say things are beginning to look up. Although you lack high end offensive talent, the depth on your team is quite nice.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Just a note to anyone considering going to an away game, Nashville is awesome. Most hospitable fans in the league. The game ops is awesome. (No cheesy minor league stuff) And the arena is located in a great place for country music bars / country music HOF / Ryman.

I agree, Nashville and Carolina are both on par with each other. The only real difference between the two is the location of the arena. Nashville you are in the middle of the city with lots to do, but parking sucks. In Carolina the arena is in the middle of no where but the parking is great and you can tailgate right there in the lot.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Leaf fan in peace.

Just thought I'd post a couple of tidbits.

Loved the comrodery in your win against Nashville. Looked like there's some great chemistry on your team. This is 100% needed to start a winning culture.

Everyone has/had written you guys off already. Quite honestly after watching Nash in NY and Anisimov and Dubinsky in CB, i would say the trade is much more even then most people would like to believe.

You guys are young with much improved depth and a good recent drafting record. I would say things are beginning to look up. Although you lack high end offensive talent, the depth on your team is quite nice.

I agree. Watching the Rangers these first two games has been painful. So far I concur. Hopefully the rags keep losing and their pick turns into gold for us.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus

Two words...Jack's BBQ

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
The Jackets have won the last two times I followed them to Nashville.

The Nashville fans were awesome to us.

Boll's hit was great, but so was their capt Weber coming over to stand up for teammates.

Loved the play of Fedor and Anisimov. There was a couple guys that showed some rust.

But we leave Nashville with 2 pts!

Nashville is an awesome road trip, I've met and talked with alot of their fans...classy fanbase, friendly town.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

That's exactly right. It just doesn't fit the narrative the hockey writers want to write about ("they were the worst team in the league last year and they traded away their best player")

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
That's exactly right. It just doesn't fit the narrative the hockey writers want to write about ("they were the worst team in the league last year and they traded away their best player")

Hard to argue with the facts, and them's those! Still, those facts do not necessarily lead to the conclusion that Nash has not been replaced by any talent and that the team must remain the worst in the league. Only the team on the ice can write that story any differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad