Confirmed with Link: [CBJ/MIN] Jordan Schroeder for Dante Salituro

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
If nothing else, I like this deal as a Monsters fan.

Trade will probably have minimal impact on either NHL club.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
He's a pending UFA as he wasn't qualified. CBJ would need to sign him quickly. He could be 13th forward/4th line C option. if he's even decent at faceoffs he could have a spot.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
When Schroeder was playing for the Wild he would have 4 or 5 games where he looked great - like borderline star caliber. Then he would disappear for the rest of the season. He is really fast. He won't hurt a team but won't do much to help one either.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Between him and Motte, there is now some competition for the 4th line center role (assuming Sedlak slides up). Having some depth down the middle is never a bad thing.

If they can win draws and kill penalties they might make the team.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I don't know much about him, but sounds like a minor win for our franchise. Would be a good AHL player if he could clear waivers. Maybe AHL/NHL tweener?

Salituro had a very difficult season last year, even at the OHL level for a 20 year old.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
He's a pending UFA as he wasn't qualified. CBJ would need to sign him quickly. He could be 13th forward/4th line C option. if he's even decent at faceoffs he could have a spot.

Do you have a source on this? I see articles saying the Wild didn't, and I'm genuinely curious if the Wild not qualifying him counts as the Jackets not qualifying him.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Do you have a source on this? I see articles saying the Wild didn't, and I'm genuinely curious if the Wild not qualifying him counts as the Jackets not qualifying him.

The Jackets did end up qualifying him. Only players to not receive a qualifying offer were Dansk and Yevenko

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I see Hannikainen and Schroeder being the 13th and 14th forwards opening night provided there are no injuries ahead of them. Hanni can cover for injuries on the left wing and spot in for Hartnell from time to time. Schroeder can cover any injuries that occur on right wing and center.

Milano is really going to have to force his way on the roster, but I suspect he'll start in Cleveland again.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Moot point now. :) For whatever reason I was thinking the qualifying date had already passed and MN didn't qualify him. Evidently they didn't plan to qualify him. I thought this might have been a "contract numbers" type move (remove a contract in Salituro by trading it and not qualifying Schroeder).

Simply, I was incorrect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad