Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Mikko Lehtonen re-signs with the Blue Jackets (1 year, $900k)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Lehtonen should be fine in a 5-6 role with 10-14min/g + PP. He actually didnt get a chance to play PP last year on TML or CBJ. That is actually the thing he is best suited for. Probably in the +/- 1M range

Reactions: Jussi

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This is good news! While Lehtonen didn’t dazzle in his stint with the Jackets, he was solid and reliable.

Reactions: Fro

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The new roster construction and likely change in style will probably be good for him. However with Werenski, Boqvist and Bean on the roster I doubt he gets any PP time again

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Fixed the last name in the title ;) @MMC

Good for Lehtonen, hopefully he takes another step towards becoming an NHL regular

Reactions: MMC

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
Lehtonen should be fine in a 5-6 role with 10-14min/g + PP. He actually didnt get a chance to play PP last year on TML or CBJ. That is actually the thing he is best suited for. Probably in the +/- 1M range

I just don’t see him getting a whole lot of PP time next year either, because Werenski and the newly acquired Boqvist and Bean are probably ahead of him for that role. Kind of a shame, because I’d love to see how he would perform as a regular PP guy in the NHL.

Reactions: mattihp

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not bad to bring him into the mix but he's going to have a fight to make the team.

Werenski
Gavrikov
Bean
Kukan

ALL locks

Harrington
Carlsson
Lehtonen

ALL require waivers (though I can see Carlsson being wavied)

Boqvist
Peake

Should make the team but waivers exempt.

I'd put Harrington above him on the depth chart which means he has to beat out both Boqvist and Peake (unless they carry 8 D)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not bad to bring him into the mix but he's going to have a fight to make the team.

Werenski
Gavrikov
Bean
Kukan

ALL locks

Harrington
Carlsson
Lehtonen

ALL require waivers (though I can see Carlsson being wavied)

Boqvist
Peake

Should make the team but waivers exempt.

I'd put Harrington above him on the depth chart which means he has to beat out both Boqvist and Peake (unless they carry 8 D)
The bolded may no longer be true now that Tortorella has moved on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad