OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Crazy. I have only been there a few times, but I really like their beers. It sucks that the staff had to walk out and lose their income - props to them for doing so.

Also, didn't realize they were owned by AB InBev. Not surprising that their concerns haven't been addressed, also that the bottom line is still the focus.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Wow. Lots of old familiar faces in that one. Not the least of which is the video's creator - do we get to see more of you, or is this just a drive-by? ;)

If I'm being honest, probably little more than a drive by. With the speed of life right now, I don't have the time I used to to fight with VPN's and other mechanisms to try and see the games, and it's not like the Blue Jackets are ever on NBC. I caught a few games earlier this season when we were in the children's hospital with my son, but other than that, I don't have anything useful to contribute to a discussion about the team.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-ne...columbus-zoo-ceo-cfo-resign-amid-allegations/

(WCMH) — Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost has announced his office will be conducting an investigation after recent allegations against two former Columbus Zoo and Aquarium executives.

According to a statement from the zoo, President and CEO Tom Stalf and Executive Vice President and CFO Greg Bell have voluntarily resigned their positions.

“Charity may begin at home for an individual, but it’s trouble when an executive for a charitable organization uses company resources for friends and family,” Yost said. “I’m troubled by both the allegations and the lack of transparency here, and this office will get to the bottom of it.”

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I know part of this is related to houses that were left to the Zoo in trust were being rented to friends and family for well below market rates.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just out of curiosity is anyone here in the Columbus are a golfer? I'm not great but I like to play and am working on getting better. Not sure if anyone would be interested in b*tching about the team for 18 holes at some point.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I just got an email from the Columbus Zoo that Jack Hanna's dementia has progressed to the point where he can no longer make public appearances. My ex-father in law succumbed to dementia and my ex-mother in law has been diagnosed with it and is showing signs of it progressing to the point where she sometimes doesn't recognize her kids. It's a cruel affliction and is very hard on both the person suffering it and their loved ones.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I just got an email from the Columbus Zoo that Jack Hanna's dementia has progressed to the point where he can no longer make public appearances. My ex-father in law succumbed to dementia and my ex-mother in law has been diagnosed with it and is showing signs of it progressing to the point where she sometimes doesn't recognize her kids. It's a cruel affliction and is very hard on both the person suffering it and their loved ones.

Really sad to hear about Jungle Jack. Truly a larger than life presence. We have a lot of 'zoo' tongue-in-cheek jokes in the wake of Horton's unfortunate demise and the later departures of our notable free agents, but in all seriousness, I made a lot of fond memories growing up as a kid going to the zoo and I think it had a pretty positive impact on Columbus's growth and place to raise a family. And the zoo would have never gotten close to as prestigious/popular as it did without Jack Hanna.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A partial list of words my phone's predictive text will suggest or auto-fill:

Jarmo
Kelalainen
Torts
Tortorella
Foligno
Laine
Werenski
Korp
Korpi
Korpisalo
Merzlikins
Texier
Roslovic
Atkinson
Bjork
Bjorkstrand
Bemstrom
Kukan
Gavrikov
Stenlund
Domi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A partial list of words my phone's predictive text will suggest or auto-fill:

Jarmo
Kelalainen
Torts
Tortorella
Foligno
Laine
Werenski
Korp
Korpi
Korpisalo
Merzlikins
Texier
Roslovic
Atkinson
Bjork
Bjorkstrand
Bemstrom
Kukan
Gavrikov
Stenlund
Domi
I still don't get how folks can regularly use this site or others like it on their phones. The inability to touch-type would drive me mad in short order.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
so what you’re saying is

Which is fine. My wife just upgraded from her beloved flip phone about six weeks ago and she’s still fussing about the keyboard.
I was attempting to avoid that particular Standard Viqsi Rant; I've been "fussing" for the last six years or more. :D The short version is that there are no touchscreen keyboards I like, just one or two I begrudgingly tolerate. They're all just so damned slow. Even the ones that claim you can type "lightning fast" usually cap out at like 40-50wpm.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Breeze Airways chooses John Glenn International Airport for launch | NBC4 WCMH-TV

Airline start-up Breeze Airways has chosen Columbus as the site of its business launch.

The Columbus Regional Airport Authority announced Friday that the budget airline will soon begin service out of John Glenn International Airport. They estimate the annual economic impact to be in the neighborhood of $81 million.

Nonstop routes are scheduled to begin in July to the following destinations:
  • Charleston, South Carolina (July 8)
  • Hartford, Connecticut (July 22)
  • New Orleans, Louisiana (July 16)
  • Norfolk, Virginia (July 22)
  • Tampa, Florida (July 3)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad