OT: CBJ Lounge XX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Have you ever eaten a grilled sausage by the fire in the middle of the snow during full winter?

237108.jpg

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
b5f1d76fc0a841b1b45fe8647d0725e3.jpg

The city of Rovaniemi is searching for the dog Posse whose last whereabouts are of licking the window glass of University of Rovaniemi and vanishing, after the initial runaway. Posse had moved from Ostrobothnia, Western Finland to Lapland and arctic circle just a week before so there is a chance it could be making a run back to the old country.

Citizens of Rovaniemi have set up grills around the city to try and lure the dog with sausage but so far only one Shetland's lamb dog has arrived at one of these points.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
b5f1d76fc0a841b1b45fe8647d0725e3.jpg

The city of Rovaniemi is searching for the dog Posse whose last whereabouts are of licking the window glass of University of Rovaniemi and vanishing, after the initial runaway. Posse had moved from Ostrobothnia, Western Finland to Lapland and arctic circle just a week before so there is a chance it could be making a run back to the old country.

Citizens of Rovaniemi have set up grills around the city to try and lure the dog with sausage but so far only one Shetland's lamb dog has arrived at one of these points.

Are you sure that's not Brett Keisel?

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
13-3-9286279.jpg

Taigarautiainen... The Siberian accentors have for some reason flown in their annual flight to west instead of the traditional east route to Far East, arriving in numbers in recent days to Lappeenranta.

"Oh learn from the swans,
They leave in autumn, return in spring,
It's calm on our shores,
And safe is the side of the fell.

Fly through the air, with wuthering flutter,
Create deeds, illuminate lands,
But when you see winter has left here,
I beg you, I ask, please return.
"

Eino Leino, spring of Lapland.

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I **** you all not, during my voyage from Ohio to North Carolina (and back actually) I pass by an adult store of some kind which sits roughly 50 feet away from a church and they're like the only things that are right there. It's just about the funniest thing ever.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I **** you all not, during my voyage from Ohio to North Carolina (and back actually) I pass by an adult store of some kind which sits roughly 50 feet away from a church and they're like the only things that are right there. It's just about the funniest thing ever.

That makes sense, the two things serve a similar purpose.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Driving through Tennessee alone I think I passed this exact thing 20+ times.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I don't want people thinking I think Boone Jenner has a drinking problem lol.

Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
0eef2bd9-6ef6-428d-8b96-47dbe69b5dce.png

Oululainen's dark crisp rye-bread combines the nature of regular crisp rye-bread with that of islanders bread which reminds me of Danny & The Islanders. Who has happiness, should hide it.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
If you enjoy history and / or science, I highly recommend watching Space Race which is currently available on Netflix. It's even more entertaining than watching llamas running on the loose to the tune of Yakety Sax.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
heikotjaat2_uu.jpg

Ice skating season has continued at the nearby lake of Tuusulanjärvi despite the weather being much warmer for the last few days with almost all the snow melting. Ainola, the home of composer Jean Sibelius and his wife Aino looks over Tuusulanjärvi, now as a museum.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
Have you ever eaten a grilled sausage by the fire in the middle of the snow during full winter?

I belong to an organization that meets once a month, regardless of temperature or inclement weather, to grill meat, drink craft beer, and enjoy a "guys night out." Our record so far is -9 degrees in February 2015. Good times.

Dudes, if you're in the Columbus/central Ohio area, check out ManBQue Columbus on Facebook. We have chapters in several cities across the US, though, and even some overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad