CBJ in 2019 Traverse City tournament

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Awesome! Day off tomorrow and play for a spot in the Championship game Monday.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Everyone playing on the top line/pair have been great. We all know Tex, and he’s going to be a major part of the team this year, but the biggest thing I’m seeing is that his wingers are more the capable. I think Fix will play with the big club at some point this year. Management has told him to be more physical and he has taken that to heart. He’s laid several huge hits in the two games. It may stil be a surprise if he makes the team out of camp but he is very much in the mix. Lilja has been solid although unspectacular, but will have an outside shot at a bottom six role.

Peeke and Berni are legitimate NHL prospects within the next year or two.

Foudy will be interesting to keep an eye on but he’s still looking young out there and I think there will just be too many guys ahead of him by the end of camp.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has maksimovich looked in the 2 games so far? Thanks for any info.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Interesting way they're calculating Points there. Looks like a 3-2-1-0 (3 points for a win, 2 points for an OT win)
What a concept...isn't that the way international play calculates it too? WTF can't the NHL get with the program and follow everyone else's lead.

FTR, I would agree with probably any proposed alternative plan to points in the standings other than the one the NHL currently uses.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Down 1-0 to start against Dallas. :(
(Didn't see what happened; I'm mostly listening to the commentary while at work and occasionally glancing in the direction of the video.)

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Nice glove save by Elvis.....wonder who gets the start if they make it to the final?

(and the 1st goal caught him by surprise, cross crease pass found a Stars player wide open)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ugh. Can't get a steady stream. One second of video, then pause for ten seconds, then two seconds of video, pause for twenty seconds, then ten seconds of video, then abrupt stutter ahead, then "the score is 2-0 Dallas".

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
After yesterday's debacle you guys are not making me feel any better today. Thank goodness these games don't count. Do we still go to championship game win or lose?

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Too bad Bemstrom is not playing in this one.

So what if VV outplays Elvis? I think VV is the more consistent goalie...

Would Columbus consider going with Korpisalo and VV in NHL? Elvis in AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->