Prospect Info: CBJ HF voted Top 20 Prospects

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Just to put a ribbon on this, and since we've seen a few partner lists (Sore Loser and others), here is the final ranking of the voted top 20 for this summer.

Rank | Player | Position #1 |Zachary Werenski|D
#2 |Sonny Milano|LW
#3 |Oliver Bjorkstrand|RW
#4 |Kerby Rychel|LW
#5 |Dillon Heatherington|D
#6(T) |Gabriel Carlsson|D
#6(T) |Anton Forsberg|G
#8 |Michael Paliotta|D
#9 |Paul Bittner|LW
#10 |William Karlsson|C
#11 |Josh Anderson|RW
#12 |Austin Madaisky|D
#13 |Kevin Stenlund|C
#14 |Ryan Collins|D
#15 |TJ Tynan|C
#16(T) |Joonas Korpisalo|G
#16(T) |Daniel Zaar|RW
#18 |Blake Siebenaler|D
#19 |Olivier Leblanc|D
#20 |Elvis Merzlikins|G

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
This seems like a decent enough place to lodge your complaints with the voting and to offer your preferred choices/rankings.

deal.

I'd like Bittner and Collins a lot higher on the list - I'd probably move Bittner up to 5-6 and Collins to 7-8. I love the whole top 10 though. I feel like this is the first time in a while that we have multiple D, F's and a G in the top 10 - quite a bit more balanced than usual. Youll notice a lack of centers, but I have faith in Karlsson - and when you have Joey and Wennberg on the team, there's not a whole lot to worry about there.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The only problem I see with our prospects is I think we look a bit light at C. Of course with Joey, Dubi and Wennberg it doesn't appear to be an imminent issue and if Karlsson develops we'll be okay.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As I have mentioned before, I wouldn't have Siebenaler or Collins on this list. I guess I can see why they are, since they are both pretty high picks (2nd and 3rd) and Siebenaler already has an ELC signed, but I just don't see anything from either of these guys thus far in their college/junior careers that say everyday NHL player. Could this change? Absolutely, but Dansk was kept off the list and he's in the same boat albeit with more failures and more development than the other two.

I would have Elvis a little higher, Karlsson a little lower, and replace Collins and Siebenaler with Vaino and Gavrikov. Other than that I thought our list was pretty good.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Id try and find a way to put Gavrikov, Vainio, and Kolesar in. They all have an outside shot at becoming big contributors, and that's all I really care about.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
As I have mentioned before, I wouldn't have Siebenaler or Collins on this list. I guess I can see why they are, since they are both pretty high picks (2nd and 3rd) and Siebenaler already has an ELC signed, but I just don't see anything from either of these guys thus far in their college/junior careers that say everyday NHL player. Could this change? Absolutely, but Dansk was kept off the list and he's in the same boat albeit with more failures and more development than the other two.

I would have Elvis a little higher, Karlsson a little lower, and replace Collins and Siebenaler with Vaino and Gavrikov. Other than that I thought our list was pretty good.

What's funny is reading in the wjc roster thread some people think both of them have a good shot at making the team (siebenaler and Collins)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What's funny is reading in the wjc roster thread some people think both of them have a good shot at making the team (siebenaler and Collins)

If Collins DOESN'T make the team it would be a shock. I mean, he was there last year. Regardless of how he played last year he will likely be there this year.

I wouldn't count on Siebenaler making it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Collins DOESN'T make the team it would be a shock. I mean, he was there last year. Regardless of how he played last year he will likely be there this year.

I wouldn't count on Siebenaler making it.

I'm not counting on either Siebenbaler or Leblanc making their WJC teams, just thought it was interesting people think they both have a chance to grab a spot.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
You're like our own version of Craig Button.

EDIT:
I note, for example, that comparing the voted list to SL's, most of the rankings are within 2-3 spots of each other. Only a couple spots where it varies further than that.

I think the board list turned out pretty good overall. Obviously my own differs, but really it's hard to make arguments against the guys everyone selected. I think that after the 2015 Draft, the CBJ have one of the strongest prospect pools in the entire league ... you can mix and match and still like the way that list looks.

I didn't get to vote on many, in fact I think I only voted on one and it was later in the list (Siebenaler?)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Both HF and pronman have our pool in the 5th to 10th range, on a tier with Calgary and Detroit. I think that's accurate.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think the board list turned out pretty good overall. Obviously my own differs, but really it's hard to make arguments against the guys everyone selected.

Despite my often staunch defense of the voting system, that comment wasn't intended as such, but only to demonstrate that there's a general, unplanned, consensus at least in terms of tiers if not specific slotting.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The only problem I see with our prospects is I think we look a bit light at C. Of course with Joey, Dubi and Wennberg it doesn't appear to be an imminent issue and if Karlsson develops we'll be okay.

Well, Wennberg just "graduated" from being a prospect. Karlsson, Stenlund...I guess Milano has experience as a center. Chaput?

Yeah, we'll probably see Jarmo draft a center next June in an early round.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Biggest complaint I have is that I wouldn't have Forsberg in the top ten, and I'd have Bittner higher than 9 (I was voting for him as early as 5). Other than that, it looks fine.

thebus2288*

1-Bjorkstrand 2-Werenski 3-Rychel 4-Milano 5-Tynan
6-Madaisky 7-Heatherington 8-Bittner 9-Forsberg 10-Paliotta
11-Karlsson 12-Anderson 13-Carlsson 14-Korpisalo 15-Nutivaara
16-Zaar 17-Moutrey 18-Stenlund 19-Siebenaler 20-Collins

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Sleeping on Olivier LeBlanc

1-Bjorkstrand 2-Werenski 3-Rychel 4-Milano 5-Tynan
6-Madaisky 7-Heatherington 8-Bittner 9-Forsberg 10-Paliotta
11-Karlsson 12-Anderson 13-Carlsson 14-Korpisalo 15-Nutivaara
16-Zaar 17-Moutrey 18-Stenlund 19-Siebenaler 20-Collins

These polls are so subjective but the one player that seems to be overlooked by everyone except the Mgmt for the Canadian WJC team is LeBlanc. This kid is going to play top 4 for us some day

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I very rarely meet our prospects ranking, where the first three places are occupied not Bjork, Milano and Werenski.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Next year after he tears up the OHL, ya'll going to be riding on the Kole Sherwood train!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad