CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Congrats to koteka for winning the CBJ 3 Keepers League. Beat out a great runner up team (mine :nod:). Looking forward to next year and a full 82 games.

Side Note to Sore Loser: How does a team with McDavid, Draisaitl & Matthews finish 5th? maybe you should let them go next year? Or maybe a big trade? :teach:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I thought Vasilevskiy was going to blow it for me this week. He picked the wrong week to give up 7 goals in two games.

It was fun. The last couple of times I played fantasy hockey, pretty much everyone in the league but the top 3 or 4 teams gave up after the first month. One time the guy winning the league quit halfway through. So I stopped playing a couple of seasons ago. This was much more enjoyable.

————————

I might write more about this because it is kind of interesting and impacts what has happened in the real league this season, but look at the players that were top fantasy players this year but not projected in the top. Or projected highly rated guys that didn’t have great seasons.

Joe Pavelsi was rated #232 in the pre season. He finished #15. The bad thing for Dallas is they lost Seguin and Bishop for pretty much the whole season. Imagine that team healthy with Pavelski having a great season.

Darnell Nurse was #162 pre season. He was the 2nd best defenseman in fantasy behind Dougie Hamilton. Yes it helps to play with the forwards he plays with, and you figured he would get assists and power play points, but he is second in the league in +/-. Flawed stat to be sure, but I didn’t predict him to be leading defensemen in +/-. He was a negative +/- the last two seasons.

Laine was pre season #21. He is currently #419. Which is no surprise to CBJ fans. But he is higher than pre season #6 Jack Eichel. Which explains Buffalo.

PLD was pre season #67 and finished #260. He is ahead of Laine because of face off wins and penalty minutes. Because penalty minutes are a good thing in yahoo fantasy.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We are looking for a player to join our 3 Keeper league. If you are interested pm me or respond here. Draft is scheduled for Monday night the 11th at 7:30 EDT.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
3 Keepers League - Select your keepers today. Remember it doesn't always (if ever?) work on the app. Let me know if you have problems.

Evergreen

I ended up with Bjorkstrand, Werenski and Merzlikins in my fantasy draft yesterday. I'm hoping that with Jones gone, Werenski will produce big numbers with sole possession of the PP1 spot.

As far as goalies go, are you guys expecting a 1a/1b situation with a 50/50 split between Merzlikins and Korpisalo?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Larsen hasn't said how the goalie rotation will work, but I would expect 50/50 until one gets hot or Korpi is traded. Either way, I expect both goalies to have mediocre numbers at best this year since the D is so young, inexperienced, and skews to offense instead of defense.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I have Laine and Bjorkstrand in my big $$ longtime fantasy keeper league.

If I said I anticipate Laine for 30-32-62 type of season and Bjorkstrand for a 25-45-70 type of season do you guys think I'd be out of my mind? Thx in advance.

Also GL to you guys this year. Tho I'm a Ranger fan, I've always kind of had a thing for the Jackets maybe it's cause you guys have always had a lot of Rangers on your team and I love the goal song...lol

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hey 3 Keeper league guys. Here is a copy gf the email I sent to all of you. Posting here in case you miss the email:

My team has at least 3 guys out this week for Covid. Along with injuries I have like 6 guys who should be on IR or IR+. This happened once before earlier in the season. I'm guessing it has/will happen to others.

I'm in favor of increasing the IR+ spots to 6 or 7 to accommodate these Covid situations.

I would propose that the extra spots only be used for Covid issues. If you have more than 4 guys injured hey luck of the draw but this Covid thing hits in waves especially if your team has two or three guys on the same team.

Let me know. If I get 4 or more ok's I'll make the change. If I don't hear form you I'm going to assume you don't care and will assume you are ok with the change.

Thanks.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Hey 3 Keeper league guys. Here is a copy gf the email I sent to all of you. Posting here in case you miss the email:

My team has at least 3 guys out this week for Covid. Along with injuries I have like 6 guys who should be on IR or IR+. This happened once before earlier in the season. I'm guessing it has/will happen to others.

I'm in favor of increasing the IR+ spots to 6 or 7 to accommodate these Covid situations.

I would propose that the extra spots only be used for Covid issues. If you have more than 4 guys injured hey luck of the draw but this Covid thing hits in waves especially if your team has two or three guys on the same team.

Let me know. If I get 4 or more ok's I'll make the change. If I don't hear form you I'm going to assume you don't care and will assume you are ok with the change.

Thanks.

Sounds good to me. We've done something similar in my football league.

Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Here is the update on the Covid IR+ issue:

I have increased the number of IR+ positions from 3 to 7 to accommodate guys on IR, OUT or D-T-D because of Covid. Please restrict the use of the extra spots for Covid related absences only.

If you have questions let me know.

Change is effective with today's games.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Partial Keeper guys - Anybody having trouble getting into their team? It keeps telling me I'm not in the league. Did y'all stage a coup?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It seems normal to me too.

As IT guys have asked me since the dawn of time, have you tried rebooting?

Of course...and it didn't help, although I finally got in by taking the long route thru Yahoo Fantasy.

Reactions: koteka

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
2D6B3D99-6764-4E34-A163-1961D60B2471.jpeg

I was dallas, lol.

F this game, man. NHL 22.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Last week of the regular season for the board’s fantasy hockey league. I have made a bit of a late-season run into the final playoff spot, to which I’m clinging.

It likely won’t matter though, as Sore Losers, Dubois or Dontbois and Waffle Hares are a solid tier or more above the rest of the league.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Escaped to the semis by virtue of a tiebreaker rule that I didn't know about. Congrats to City Folk for a tight battle and a playoff qualifying first season. Now its on to face the team that ousted me last year and appears to be a matchup of the walking wounded.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Escaped to the semis by virtue of a tiebreaker rule that I didn't know about. Congrats to City Folk for a tight battle and a playoff qualifying first season. Now its on to face the team that ousted me last year and appears to be a matchup of the walking wounded.

And I had thought I was already out of the playoffs :laugh:

Congrats, I guess I'm hopping on your bandwagon now!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks and if you could cure Pasternak & Landeskog in the next couple of hours that would be great!

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I had this great plan to load up on Jets while I was on a bye because the way their schedule worked this week (4 games including Monday, Wednesday, and Friday), and they postponed the game tonight. Meanwhile I was busy with kid stuff last night so I didn’t get Juuse Saros off IR and in to my line up in time and he gets a freaking shutout in overtime.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
And I had thought I was already out of the playoffs :laugh:

Congrats, I guess I'm hopping on your bandwagon now!

I had this great plan to load up on Jets while I was on a bye because the way their schedule worked this week (4 games including Monday, Wednesday, and Friday), and they postponed the game tonight. Meanwhile I was busy with kid stuff last night so I didn’t get Juuse Saros off IR and in to my line up in time and he gets a freaking shutout in overtime.
I share your pain as I sat Talbot who was facing Edmonton. He allowed 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad