CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Partial Keeper League participants:

Just to increase the odds that everyone sees this:

Draft is this coming Tuesday at 9 pm edt.

You must select keepers today. On your roster page at the top click the right most tab, says Keepers to select. Once you do you won't see them on your regular roster page until I finalize on Monday.

Please respond to this when you have selected keepers. I know DS &, RonD have done so already.

Thanks.

Reactions: Jackets16

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
I somehow accidentally picked Josh Anderson in my draft instead of Kevin Shattenkirk. How many points can I expect out of Anderson? ESPN is projecting 27 goals and 15 assists in 76 games. Who's he going to be playing with this season?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
SL you have 6 keepers you can only keep 3. I'm pretty sure which 3 you really want but please let me know for sure.

Fro you don't have any. I think I know which 3 you'd take but it isn't as clear cut as with SL. Please let me know. I sent you an email yesterday trying to answer your question but it looks like maybe it didn't get delivered.

You guys can either post your 3 on the league message board, post here the HF board, or email me at [email protected].

If I don't hear back by this evening I'll make the call for you.

Thanks

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I somehow accidentally picked Josh Anderson in my draft instead of Kevin Shattenkirk. How many points can I expect out of Anderson? ESPN is projecting 27 goals and 15 assists in 76 games. Who's he going to be playing with this season?

That's not going to happen if he's on a line with Jenner and Dubinsky and not getting goal-mouth duty on the PP.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Looking at Dubinsky for nothing other than faceoff wins. I see him listed as a winger on your old GDTs. Just wondering if he switches back and forth from wing to center, either game to game, or mid-game (I see this alot, strong side/weak side). Also wondering if his days at center are numbered. It's a dynasty league with lots of stats which is why I'm so curious. The tradeoff would be me dropping Backes. Both have a similar caphit, but I need the faceoff wins. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Looking at Dubinsky for nothing other than faceoff wins. I see him listed as a winger on your old GDTs. Just wondering if he switches back and forth from wing to center, either game to game, or mid-game (I see this alot, strong side/weak side). Also wondering if his days at center are numbered. It's a dynasty league with lots of stats which is why I'm so curious. The tradeoff would be me dropping Backes. Both have a similar caphit, but I need the faceoff wins. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

We haven't seen him at wing at all. He's a center. The bigger fantasy risk with Dubinsky is that he won't get a lot of minutes.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
We haven't seen him at wing at all. He's a center. The bigger fantasy risk with Dubinsky is that he won't get a lot of minutes.

True. Thanks for the response. He pretty much offers the same secondary stats, including icetime and hits, as backes. Dubi loses out on sog/pim(rare these days)/pts. Which I'm cool with.

MagesticSSS

Oct 30, 2018
How many points does everyone see Werenski being worth? Just traded him off at a loss for Sergachev in order to upgrade a C. Do you believe the two will be with 5-10pts of each other by season end? Seems like Weren could do big things whereas Serg is in a slump

Cats in my league are Goals 3, Assists 2, +/- 0.5, PPP 1, SOG 0.4

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
How many points does everyone see Werenski being worth? Just traded him off at a loss for Sergachev in order to upgrade a C. Do you believe the two will be with 5-10pts of each other by season end? Seems like Weren could do big things whereas Serg is in a slump

Cats in my league are Goals 3, Assists 2, +/- 0.5, PPP 1, SOG 0.4

Z is on pace for 15 goals, 44 assists, 59 points which would be a career high by far. I think, realistically, Z will finish up with around 50 points. 55 max. I do think that he has his best year production wise, this season especially now that he is healthy (knock on wood).

Z will score you more goals than Sergachev, without a doubt. He will also rack up much more shots on goal that MS. The only category where I can confidently say that MS should win in is +/ but even that isn’t worth as much in your league.

Non bias, homerism aside.. when it comes to fantasy, give me Z all day over MS. (Ironically Z is on my fantasy team lol).

MagesticSSS

Oct 30, 2018
Z is on pace for 15 goals, 44 assists, 59 points which would be a career high by far. I think, realistically, Z will finish up with around 50 points. 55 max. I do think that he has his best year production wise, this season especially now that he is healthy (knock on wood).

Z will score you more goals than Sergachev, without a doubt. He will also rack up much more shots on goal that MS. The only category where I can confidently say that MS should win in is +/ but even that isn’t worth as much in your league.

Non bias, homerism aside.. when it comes to fantasy, give me Z all day over MS. (Ironically Z is on my fantasy team lol).

Yeah, I figured Werenski was going to do big things, but thought the downgrade to be worthwhile since it led to a large increase on my forward strength. Also since Serg is hot garbage right now I thought he'd pick up at some point to even out his score at 40pts, but who knows. How much do you think he specifically will get?

Oh and also do you think any of the following guys on FA are worth picking up / similar to or better than Serg?:

Lajoie, Jokiharju, Seabrook, Faulk, McDonagh, Lindholm, Keith, Dunn, Trouba, Vantanen, Chara, Ekblad, Muzzin, Manson, Schultz

Last edited:

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I just bought Franchise Hockey Manager 5 as it is currently on sale for $10 during the holiday period. I have never played games online but I’m tempted to set up an online league. I’m trying to gauge interest and see if anybody here fancies joining a league.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Freakin' bye weeks! I have 2 guys and 1 goalie playing until Friday. Same thing happened last year,

Reactions: Palm Tree

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Stunning Upsets. Just goes to show that the Bolts can be had when real life imitates fantasy.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Congratulations to Werenski Rules for winning the CBJ Partial Keeper League.

Hopefully,next year, the dumb ass commish (that be me) can figure out how to make the finals a two week event like we had a few seasons ago. The suspense of two weeks takes away from the Jackets' travails.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

dolomite

Feb 11, 2013
**UPDATE**
Hey guys, good morning.

New full time dynasty league has started up and we are at 29 of 31 teams filled and currently looking for a GM for NYI Or CGY so what better place to look than your boards? Maybe some of you die hard hockey fans in general may take an interest in this also so take their skills further to next level. We play with a full CBA with cap hits/more H2H categories and full on waiver/free agency signings!

Keep in mind this is NO ordinary Yahoo keeper league with 12 friends it will be a competitive league filled with people that love hockey and follow it very closely with most coming from similar leagues.

Mods if this is in the wrong spot PLEASE let me know before migrating/deleting this.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad