CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Didn't quite know where to put this. Since it's for my fantasy team...I figured in here might be appropriate. How's Foligno looking this year? It seems like he's been given every opportunity to score on the top line and top PP unit but hasn't made it on the stat sheet in weeks...is this concerning? I stupidly traded zuccarello for him thinking he'll pick it up soon. I'm first in assists, PP and pretty high on goals so I picked him up for peripherals (hits) but obviously would like him to be producing somewhat...definitely leaves somewhat to be desired. Thoughts?

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
To be honest- Not too many of our forwards are producing offense. Kind of a disjointed bunch in my opinion. Doesn't help that our power-play is absolutely abysmal.

As for what to expect from Foligno- Hopefully his offense picks up a bit and he can be around 40 points. I kind of think of him being around 0.5 ppg player honestly. He scored 26 goals last season, but 11 of those were on the power play. Our power-play was the best in the NHL to start last season for about half of the year until teams figured it out and shut us down, thus severely inflating Sam Gagner, Nick Foligno, Alexander Wennberg stat totals.

Firestorm

Mar 2, 2011
Canada Eh?
I am trying to get Bobrovsky again; I am thinking of offering either one of Huberdeau or Pastrnak and Lindgren? Huberdeau is hotter but more injury prone. Pastrnak has been good but the Bruins suck this year.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
To be honest- Not too many of our forwards are producing offense. Kind of a disjointed bunch in my opinion. Doesn't help that our power-play is absolutely abysmal.

As for what to expect from Foligno- Hopefully his offense picks up a bit and he can be around 40 points. I kind of think of him being around 0.5 ppg player honestly. He scored 26 goals last season, but 11 of those were on the power play. Our power-play was the best in the NHL to start last season for about half of the year until teams figured it out and shut us down, thus severely inflating Sam Gagner, Nick Foligno, Alexander Wennberg stat totals.

It’s just amazing he hasn’t been able to even accidentally pick up a secondary assist in the last 15 games almost.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Freakin' bye weeks are going to kill me this week. I've got 9 players out for next 5 to 6 days. Pancake Bunnies fare a bit better but still this sucks.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Also it's playoff time already in HF CBJ land. How'd that happen so fast?

Probably because you've been in first since the beginning...you know time flies when you're having fun. Hoping for a matchup between the Waffle Hares and Pancake Bunnies in the finals but we both need to win the next round.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
25336409265_e4f078af83_90sq.jpg
Bob'sBrickHouse
icon_04_100.png
Waffle Hares
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Good luck to Waffle Hares in the finals. Goaltenders killed me, 5 wins (1 shutout)
vs 1 win all week for my team

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
^^^^^ Was a crazy week. When Rask shutout Tampa Bay I was saved. Your offensive stats were unbelievable but its a crazy game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Would be remiss not to congratulate Waffle Hares on a yeoman effort in finishing second in this year's HF Fantasy season. Good on ya, Espen. Your competition must have been truly top-notch.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Man I thought the playoffs were two weeks...the dumbass commissioner probably effed it up...I thought I was still alive...well, congrats to you sir on a well done season...looking forward to a renewed battle next year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Which 3 players would you keep?

Patrik Laine
Victor Hedman
Mark Scheifele
Seth Jones
Nikolaj Ehlers
John Klingberg
Zach Werenski
Andrei Vasilevskiy
John Gibson

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Which 3 players would you keep?

Patrik Laine
Victor Hedman
Mark Scheifele
Seth Jones
Nikolaj Ehlers
John Klingberg
Zach Werenski
Andrei Vasilevskiy
John Gibson

Shoot. This is tough. Depends on the kind of league and the way the league is set up. If we’re going off of potential alone, I’d go with Laine, Vasilevskiy, and Hedman (or Jones ;) )

Reactions: Jackets16

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Shoot. This is tough. Depends on the kind of league and the way the league is set up. If we’re going off of potential alone, I’d go with Laine, Vasilevskiy, and Hedman (or Jones ;) )

Just a league where you get to keep 3 players each year. Originally, I was going to go with the 3 you mentioned (or Jones), but I think I may keep Scheifele.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad