Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Justin Danforth signs extension with the Blue Jackets (1 year, $1.1M)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s a great utility player if healthy. That’s a terrific AAV for an additional year as he can slide all over the line-up. Only worry is keeping him healthy as he’s undersized but plays like a honey badger.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Great for Danforth, got his season cut short after his injury but he's looked great both before and after. Good little bit of motivation for him.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Great contract for the team, he'll easily be more value. Ideal 3rd-4th line player, always brings it and is cheap. Doesn't hurt a higher line either. Cheaper Lehkonen type player.

Reactions: harv33173

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
"I'll tell you a little story," CBJ associate head coach Pascal Vincent said recently when he was leading the team. "We play Pittsburgh, and after the game I see Sidney Crosby. I coached Sidney with Team Canada, so I've known him for a long time. He stops by and we have a little chat -- 'How are you doing? How's the family?' A regular chat. And then he says, 'That Danforth guy, who is he?' That's coming from Sidney Crosby.
"He said, 'He's a young guy, Danforth?' I said, 'He's not so young, but he's a good player for us. He's on the puck, he works hard, he can shoot the puck.' He said, 'Yeah, I was looking at him, and he's hard to play against.' To me, it tells you everything about Danforth."

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Liiga had a few of those back in the day.Tim Thomas, Brian Rafalski

Yeah, but it was long ago. You can say that Hedman and Giordano got to the next level after playing in Europe, but they still played in NHL before they went to Europe.

Danforth didn't play a single game in NHL before going to Europe, he played his first NHL game at age 28.

Reactions: mattihp

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this should stop canuck fans from trying to unload hoglander or garland on cbj. teams do not like to carry multiples of that player profile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad