Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Elvis Merzlikins signs extension (2 years, $4M AAV)

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
May have wanted to check the fine print that he was the most mentally fragile goalie in the league before signing this one.

is that how he shut out toronto in game 3? or had 5 shutouts* in only 30 games?

May have wanted to troll less before you woke up this morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

58 straight saves then 3 straight shots against that were goals. Somehow that .951 feels a bit hollow.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

As a CBJ fan I'm sure you're aware of Steve Mason who had 10 shutouts in 61 games.

Having 1 season (or 1/2 a season) of good play doesn't mean a guy can't also have issues when things go wrong.

Now, I would say the other poster is being very premature to assume that Elvis does. We'll see how he bounces back (if given the start) or where he goes from here, but 30 games doesn't make a guy a finished product one way or the other.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
As a CBJ fan I'm sure you're aware of Steve Mason who had 10 shutouts in 61 games.

Having 1 season (or 1/2 a season) of good play doesn't mean a guy can't also have issues when things go wrong.

Now, I would say the other poster is being very premature to assume that Elvis does. We'll see how he bounces back (if given the start) or where he goes from here, but 30 games doesn't make a guy a finished product one way or the other.
Sure. And failing to take into account Toronto played with a man up the last 4 minutes, CBJ missed 2 open nets and Werenski was hurt for the 3rd and overtime says nothing but Troll job at this time. I would also suggest a recall to earlier in the year when Elvis was shellacked by the Pens in his first start, didn't win a game until his 10th(?) and rebounded just fine in OT might say something contrary to being weak minded/fragile. It's a troll job and nothing more.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Sure. And failing to take into account Toronto played with a man up the last 4 minutes, CBJ missed 2 open nets and Werenski was hurt for the 3rd and overtime says nothing but Troll job at this time. I would also suggest a recall to earlier in the year when Elvis was shellacked by the Pens in his first start, didn't win a game until his 10th(?) and rebounded just fine in OT might say something contrary to being weak minded/fragile. It's a troll job and nothing more.
It may be, but that's a different argument.

The argument is "This guy can't be mentally fragile!!! He had x shutouts in x games!!!"

I didn't say I think he's fragile because there is no way of knowing one way or the other. The only thing I disagree with is the bolded reasoning, which apparently you are in agreement with me on.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Apr 9, 2009
USA
58 straight saves then 3 straight shots against that were goals. Somehow that .951 feels a bit hollow.

Yeah when you pick the worst moment of a player's career, it's a good way to make them look bad. It's also really stupid and doesn't make sense when evaluating a player.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It may be, but that's a different argument.

The argument is "This guy can't be mentally fragile!!! He had x shutouts in x games!!!"

I didn't say I think he's fragile because there is no way of knowing one way or the other. The only thing I disagree with is the bolded reasoning, which apparently you are in agreement with me on.
I think the sample size is too small for any concrete statements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad