Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Elvis Merzlikins signs extension (2 years, $4M AAV)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Wow, that really puts in perspective what a great deal Colorado got with Francouz at 2 years $2m AAV

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
why didn't francouz sign for around 4 million per year then? he got 4 million total.

Different agent, different goalie.

Francouz has always been humble, when he came over he accepted playing a whole year in the AHL after posting 2 consecutive seasons of a ~.950% in the KHL. I don't think he had any intentions of heading back to the Europe/KHL, whereas Koskinen and Merzlikens probably used that as leverage.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I didn't see a huge gap between Korpi and Elvis. In fact they were pretty even. The stats in my mind would have evened out over the course of a season. If anything both are a product of that system. That system is arguably the best d system in the league.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I think Jarmo is putting a lot of stock in Elvis’s body of work in Europe. He has been saying that he is the best goalie out of the NHL for three years now. I think this contract seems maybe 500K high but I thought Korpisalo’s contract was a steal. I have no complaints with the CBJ’s goalie situation for the foreseeable future, with these two locked up for two years and help on the way.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Georgiyev is definitely getting 4M+ now. We have to trade him while he has any value. Don’t be dumb. He’ll have none when he’s a 4.5M back up for 30 games a year with a .905 SV%.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Georgiyev is definitely getting 4M+ now. We have to trade him while he has any value. Don’t be dumb. He’ll have none when he’s a 4.5M back up for 30 games a year with a .905 SV%.
Put Georgiev behind Columbus system and he will post SO after SO.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
georgiev ain't getting 4M+. his numbers are hella inferior to elvis's.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
georgiev ain't getting 4M+. his numbers are hella inferior to elvis's.

Elvis is in his first year, Georgiyev his 3rd. Georgiyev has 44 more career games and a SV% only .1 worse. He’s also over a year younger. He’s unfortunately getting 4M+. I hope I’m wrong. He’s nowhere near as good as Elvis, but a guy getting 4M per year after 33 games isn’t going to help the market for paying goalies this summer.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Elvis is in his first year, Georgiyev his 3rd. Georgiyev has 44 more career games and a SV% only .1 worse. He’s also over a year younger. He’s unfortunately getting 4M+. I hope I’m wrong. He’s nowhere near as good as Elvis, but a guy getting 4M per year after 33 games isn’t going to help the market for paying goalies this summer.
georgiev's GAA and save percentage are much worse than elvis's for this season and over their careers. he also hasn't proven to be a starter whereas elvis has.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I wonder if his agent played hardball and was only willing to negotiate 1 year deals unless Jarmo blew him away. The Jackets are in a position where they can overpay to make sure EM/JK's contract terms line up and they can re-evaluate the position in two years.

It's still (obviously) a lot, but I can at least understand Jarmo's logic here.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Its a good show me contract.

People might think 4 000 000 mill is a lot (and at first look it might)
But this is no bad contract, Skinner contract is bad, this is not bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad