Proposal: CBJ - EDM

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah nick Foligno had a fluke year once too, it happens. But 50 point wingers like dri just don't bring a whole lot in trades

At Draisaitl's age Foligno was nothing but a dime a dozen third liner in Ottawa.

But sure, dismiss the 22 year old with a 70+ point season under his belt. Just makes you look like you don't understand the game very well.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
How much do you think an 8 mil a year 50 point winger cost again ?
I mean he hasn't done much more than that

Seriously? This is an ignorant post.

He only played wing LAST season with McJesus. He was Hall's center (w/ 51pts) with Teddy Purcell on the other side and playing C again this season with Strome and Cags.

He's NOT a winger.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Seriously? This is an ignorant post.

He only played wing LAST season with McJesus. He was Hall's center (w/ 51pts) with Teddy Purcell on the other side and playing C again this season with Strome and Cags.

He's NOT a winger.

Is he playing wing this year? Yeah? Then he's not a center. Period.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is he playing wing this year? Yeah? Then he's not a center. Period.

He is playing CENTRE right now. Drafted as a centre, played junior as a centre, plays internationally as a centre, has seen time about an even split between centre and RW, primarily because our right wingers suck.

Good centres can do this thing where they play out of position sometimes because their hockey IQ allows them to adapt and be flexible.

This is not a tough concept. I'm surprised you're struggling with it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Franchise centres do not remain cost controlled for very long.
We managed it just fine with the franchise defenseman being asked for. We hope to do more of the same with Werenski when his next extension is up, altho that might be a bit more of a challenge.

That and I'm not convinced Draisaitl is franchise-level. #1C, sure, probably. But that's not enough for us to give up Jones.

Reactions: Fro

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Chiming in to say this is a bad proposal from a CBJ perspective.

Jones isn't going to be moved. The team has shown that it can be a top level team by being built around Jones, Werenski, and Bob. They won't make a move unless it's either:
1. Vastly in their favor;
2. A piece that isn't working; or
3. A piece which is immediately able to be replaced.

This deal isn't vastly in CBJ's favor, Jones is currently working out very well, and the CBJ can't replace him at RHD (even if Klefbom comes back).

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Seth Jones and Artemi Panarin for Leon Draisaitl and Oscar Klefbom

Thoughts? Who adds?
Thats a huge trade. I think Draisaitl is the best piece, but has the biggest contract. Klefbom is the weakest of the 4, but has the best contract. I think its fairly even, but I doubt either team does it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad