Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] D Andrew Peeke signs extension with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $2.75M AAV)

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Good for CLB and Peeke. Fair signing for a solid stay at home D. Got the same contract as Jan Rutta and Ilya Lyubushkin.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think this is an overpay but I always think Jarmo spends a bit more overall on player salaries. Peeke also may be partnering again with Werenski on the first pair so maybe it is a fair contract.

This thread has also reached it's Peeke as nobody seems very interested in this signing.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
This feels slightly high right now based on track record so far but not by much. It’s a low enough total that it’s fairly low risk, and could end up being a great bargain by the end of year 4. Also of note is that he’s making just $787,500 this year and looks like he’s getting first crack at playing next to Werenski. Management has clearly been impressed by his growth over the last year and this summer.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really like his game. Good signing for sure. He is one of the better Defensive D in the league and will probably only get better.

Honestly I had to learn myself exactly who this guy is. Can he become a Tanev type?

Andrew Peeke is a Tanev type. Just not as good with passing.

But like Tanev he is fast and shuts things down quickly.

Actually more physical - very strong hitter, you'd think he was 230 lbs not 210, and he's one of those D that just knows how to get in the way and block everything, like a second goalie when he's around the net.

Unfortunately there is a big gap between his play without the puck (stellar) and his play with it (well below average). The contract seems fair.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Actually more physical - very strong hitter, you'd think he was 230 lbs not 210, and he's one of those D that just knows how to get in the way and block everything, like a second goalie when he's around the net.

Unfortunately there is a big gap between his play without the puck (stellar) and his play with it (well below average). The contract seems fair.
Hes 210 now, going into last year he was only listed at 196. The added weight should serve him well.

I think he learned pretty well being around Savard and smartly followed the advice of coaches. He clearly saw that as a path to follow and role to fill on a defense begging for that style of player and did pretty well under the circumstances

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Canucks could ah w drafted him in 2016 but they dealt their 2nd round pick to acquire gudbranson.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Honestly I had to learn myself exactly who this guy is. Can he become a Tanev type?
honestly I have no clue I havent seen him play much in real life but from a fantasy perspective he looks like he's trending to be one hell of a Dman
only 24 years old put up 15 points in his first full season although he was a -14 I assume that has more to do with CBJ as a team.
hit 191 times and blocked 169 shots. played more mins than Tanev on the PK so he must be relied on a little.
I think he projects to be a nice top 4 Dman
I like him

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
honestly I have no clue I havent seen him play much in real life but from a fantasy perspective he looks like he's trending to be one hell of a Dman
only 24 years old put up 15 points in his first full season although he was a -14 I assume that has more to do with CBJ as a team.
hit 191 times and blocked 169 shots. played more mins than Tanev on the PK so he must be relied on a little.
I think he projects to be a nice top 4 Dman
I like him
Hitting and blocking a ton isn't necessarily a good thing outside of fantasy hockey. See:Kris Russell. Could mean his team never has possession of the puck when he's on the ice but thats probably not the case here with the high praise he's getting here.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad