CBJ Board Summer 2019 Prospect Rankings: #6

Which of these prospects is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below.

1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)
5. Daniil Tarasov (G)

Added: Kevin Stenlund (C)

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Gabriel Carlsson (D)
Ryan Collins (D)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Michael Prapavessis (D)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Dmitri Voronkov (LW)

Add:
Carlsson - 9
Robinson - 4
Bittner - 1
Berni - 1
Hjorth - 1
(as of Mac DeMarco)

Last edited by a moderator:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Voting Peeke again

Add Carlsson - like Stenlund, Carlsson gets on more go-round at this level of the list before he drops to the bottom. There are some guys I like who haven't seen added yet, but my sense is that Stenlund and Carlsson are above them just because we know/think they are close or should be anyway.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Doesn't it stand to reason that VV should win the 6th spot? He received a majority of the votes to be the 1st guy added after the original 5. If Peeke is the 6th best prospect, why wasn't he the first add?

Maybe the disconnect is "CBJ Chat board + Logic Applied"

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Doesn't it stand to reason that VV should win the 6th spot? He received a majority of the votes to be the 1st guy added after the original 5. If Peeke is the 6th best prospect, why wasn't he the first add?

Peeke was on the first poll and never had to be added. Tarasov was actually the second one added, but wound up at #5 somehow (my guess is the people who voted to add VV on the first poll split between him and Peeke, whereas the people that voted to add Tarasov largely voted for him).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Peeke was on the first poll and never had to be added. Tarasov was actually the second one added, but wound up at #5 somehow (my guess is the people who voted to add VV on the first poll split between him and Peeke, whereas the people that voted to add Tarasov largely voted for him).

I checked because voting is weird and I'm weird. Spin switched their vote to Tarasov. CBJW, Viqsi, Wheelchair (never heard of him), and SteveO voted for Peeke. The add poll is also much smaller than the voting poll.

The final margin was only 3 votes, so Vehvillainen would have won vs Tarasov. Grave injustice! :laugh:

Let this be a lesson to all that "ranked choice voting" (also known as "instant runoff voting") is a much better way to vote. The Peeke voters would pass their votes on to their second choice, which would be largely Vehvillainen.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I checked because voting is weird and I'm weird. Spin switched their vote to Tarasov. CBJW, Viqsi, Wheelchair (never heard of him), and SteveO voted for Peeke. The add poll is also much smaller than the voting poll.

The final margin was only 3 votes, so Vehvillainen would have won vs Tarasov. Grave injustice! :laugh:

Let this be a lesson to all that "ranked choice voting" (also known as "instant runoff voting") is a much better way to vote. The Peeke voters would pass their votes on to their second choice, which would be largely Vehvillainen.

Yeah Tarasov is the usurper here. And that's only based on the 'original 5,' which is just how I opted to pre-rank them and, to be honest, that wasn't even a fixed proposition in my mind but we had to start somewhere and I was happy to let the forum denizens sort it out. Which is what happened.

And yeah of course there will be some inconsistency from one poll to the next, based on (god forbid) someone changing their mind or who's around on a given day and the like. It's what makes the world go round.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah Tarasov is the usurper here. And that's only based on the 'original 5,' which is just how I opted to pre-rank them and, to be honest, that wasn't even a fixed proposition in my mind but we had to start somewhere and I was happy to let the forum denizens sort it out. Which is what happened.

And yeah of course there will be some inconsistency from one poll to the next, based on (god forbid) someone changing their mind or who's around on a given day and the like. It's what makes the world go round.
Well, you might be okay with this, but I for one find it completely unacceptable and will be handing out forum bans to anyone who fails to participate properly.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad