Which of these prospects is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No more adds.

Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)
5. Daniil Tarasov (G)
6. Andrew Peeke (D)
7. Veini Vehviläinen (G)
8. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
9. Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)
10. Kevin Stenlund (C)
11. Gabriel Carlsson (D)
12. Eric Robinson (LW)
13. Eric Hjorth (D)
14. Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
15. Kole Sherwood (RW)

Added: Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

The rest:
Tyler Angle (C)
Ryan Collins (D)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Michael Prapavessis (D)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Bittner. Yes, his health but that's part of why he's down here in the first place.

And yes, I did go back and see who I'd voted to add first to make sure my vote lined up. I think Berni was added to the poll before Bittner though, but I went with my add voting.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I went with Voronkov. From the scouting report he's got the tools and he certainly had a better season than Marchenko.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bittner here, too.

The only guy in my top-20 who didn't make it in is #20:
1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (LD)
3. Liam Foudy (C)
4. Emil Bemström (RW/C)
5. Andrew Peeke (RD)
6. Veini Vehvilainen (G)
7. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
8. Kirill Marchenko (C/W)
9. Daniil Tarasov (G)
10. Gabriel Carlsson (LD)
11. Eric Hjorth (RD)
12. Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
13. Paul Bittner (LW)
14. Eric Robinson (LW)
15. Kevin Stenlund (C/RW)
16. Kole Sherwood (RW/C)
17. Tim Berni (LD)
18. Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
19. Dmitri Voronkov (LW/C)
20. Maxime Fortier (RW/C)

Honorable Mentions (alphabetic)
Tyler Angle (C)
Ryan Collins (RD)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Michael Prapavessis (LD)

Everyone Else (alphabetic):
Kale Howarth (LW/C)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Justin Scott (RW/C)
Robbie Stucker (RD)
Peter Thome (G)
Biggest riser (comparing my list and the board's) has been Stenlund, altho Tarasov also made an impressive leap. Technically no significant falls as yet, but at this rate Bittner's going to be the biggest one.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bittner here, too.

The only guy in my top-20 who didn't make it in is #20:

Biggest riser (comparing my list and the board's) has been Stenlund, altho Tarasov also made an impressive leap. Technically no significant falls as yet, but at this rate Bittner's going to be the biggest one.

Very nit picky but may I ask why Collins isn’t in the everyone else category but Stucker and Macinnis are?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's actually an interesting topic. Gonna hold this poll open a while to see 1) if the tie resolves itself and 2) to gather some opinions about if we want to try and do that and, if so, how.

How to add Dano? Wouldn't he be ineligible for a prospect ranking on account of NHL games played?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How to add Dano? Wouldn't he be ineligible for a prospect ranking on account of NHL games played?
My presumption is that he wouldn't be included for the same reasons we didn't include Milano. But, hey, if folks want to do such things, we can. This is ultimately a way of passing the time; we're not indelibly welded to the rules. ;)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My presumption is that he wouldn't be included for the same reasons we didn't include Milano. But, hey, if folks want to do such things, we can. This is ultimately a way of passing the time; we're not indelibly welded to the rules. ;)

Rules, no. But consistency, that I will fight over. If we're going back to include Dano we'd have to do it for Milano too. He's a year and a half younger with about half the NHL games played.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Rules, no. But consistency, that I will fight over. If we're going back to include Dano we'd have to do it for Milano too. He's a year and a half younger with about half the NHL games played.

Fight all you want, but it appears you failed to read the first post of the first poll.

Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

You're gonna counter that the criteria are arbitrary. Then where have you been for the past however-many years? I promise you I didn't change the criteria - in fact, I copied and pasted them from last year. I assume you were around last year? Sonny wasn't in last year's poll, either. Consistency, right?

You're gonna counter that the criteria are faulty. In this case, they do make a bit on an unfair distinction. I understand the argument they are both in similar positions, that perhaps Dano is even less of a prospect. You can die on this hill if you want. Everyone has their thing, I guess.

In any case, I wanted to have a chance to consider it. Sonny aside, it's probably not worth it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Fight all you want, but it appears you failed to read the first post of the first poll.

You're gonna counter that the criteria are arbitrary. Then where have you been for the past however-many years? I promise you I didn't change the criteria - in fact, I copied and pasted them from last year. I assume you were around last year? Sonny wasn't in last year's poll, either. Consistency, right?

You're gonna counter that the criteria are faulty. In this case, they do make a bit on an unfair distinction. I understand the argument they are both in similar positions, that perhaps Dano is even less of a prospect. You can die on this hill if you want. Everyone has their thing, I guess.

In any case, I wanted to have a chance to consider it. Sonny aside, it's probably not worth it.

I wasn't arguing for taking Dano and Milano into the prospect poll, I was arguing that if we were to change the criteria to include Dano we'd also have to include Milano, which I thought implied that it would be even more of a headache and that we shouldn't do it. But I suppose it might not imply that. In any case, no worries, no need to change the consistent criteria.

Edit: When I said "How to add Dano"? I meant it to be asking if that's what you meant by "try and do that". I wasn't inquiring how to add Dano. Though those were my words.. hmm.... :huh:

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wasn't arguing for taking Dano and Milano into the prospect poll, I was arguing that if we were to change the criteria to include Dano we'd also have to include Milano, which I thought implied that it would be even more of a headache and that we shouldn't do it. But I suppose it might not imply that. In any case, no worries, no need to change the consistent criteria.

Edit: When I said "How to add Dano"? I meant it to be asking if that's what you meant by "try and do that". I wasn't inquiring how to add Dano. Though those were my words.. hmm.... :huh:

And I was saying that timing is the only thing working against Dano, since he fits the criteria while Sonny does not. (And I get your point about more overall games, but the current criteria don’t account for that. And also, the more I thought about it, the criteria aren’t clear on what a majority of a season means. Since Sonny spent 50-plus games with the big club a couple years back, I’ve been disqualifying him. Dano’s highest NHL total in a single season is 38 or something.)

I agree it’s not worth it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And I was saying that timing is the only thing working against Dano, since he fits the criteria while Sonny does not. (And I get your point about more overall games, but the current criteria don’t account for that. And also, the more I thought about it, the criteria aren’t clear on what a majority of a season means. Since Sonny spent 50-plus games with the big club a couple years back, I’ve been disqualifying him. Dano’s highest NHL total in a single season is 38 or something.)

I agree it’s not worth it.

I see. I was thinking Dano had spent the "majority of season" in the NHL - he just happened to be a healthy scratch for half the year.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad