CBJ Board Summer 2019 Prospect Rankings: #14

Which of these prospects is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)
5. Daniil Tarasov (G)
6. Andrew Peeke (D)
7. Veini Vehviläinen (G)
8. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
9. Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)
10. Kevin Stenlund (C)
11. Gabriel Carlsson (D)
12. Eric Robinson (LW)
13. Eric Hjorth (D)

Added: Dmitri Voronkov (LW)

Tyler Angle (C)
Ryan Collins (D)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Michael Prapavessis (D)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Add:
Meyer - 3
Thurkauf - 2
MacInnis - 1
Prapavessis - 1
Thome - 1
Angle - 1
Fortier - 1
(as of nana)

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The add possibilities are mostly 22 and 23 year old guys that have disappointed. The exceptions are:

Angle - a recent 7th rounder that the scouts didn't seem that excited about.
Stucker - a 20 year old who just finished his freshman season at Minnesota. Being a D-man, Stucker is really hard to judge without a fresh scouting report.
And Fortier - a 21 year old who was an odd-man out on the Cleveland depth chart. He did well in the ECHL but I'm not sure what that's worth.

Among the older group I'd probably go with Macinnis, just because he seems like he's developing into a responsible player that might be able to serve as a fill-in at the NHL level, but that feels like a stretch even.

What great choices!

Only because he represents pure hope, I'll go with the 18 year old.

Add Angle.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
The add possibilities are mostly 22 and 23 year old guys that have disappointed. The exceptions are:

Angle - a recent 7th rounder that the scouts didn't seem that excited about.
Stucker - a 20 year old who just finished his freshman season at Minnesota. Being a D-man, Stucker is really hard to judge without a fresh scouting report.
And Fortier - a 21 year old who was an odd-man out on the Cleveland depth chart. He did well in the ECHL but I'm not sure what that's worth.

Among the older group I'd probably go with Macinnis, just because he seems like he's developing into a responsible player that might be able to serve as a fill-in at the NHL level, but that feels like a stretch even.

What great choices!

Only because he represents pure hope, I'll go with the 18 year old.

Add Angle.
Meyer is 21 and was one of the more prolific scorers on a very good Ohio State team. I watched one game of his and he looked pretty good. I wouldn’t say he’s disappointed, but then my expectations weren’t too high to begin with. Still, we’re talking about who’s 19th-best of an exceptionally shallow pool, and he’s the last one whose stock seems to be trending up.

Reactions: majormajor

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Meyer is 21 and was one of the more prolific scorers on a very good Ohio State team. I watched one game of his and he looked pretty good. I wouldn’t say he’s disappointed, but then my expectations weren’t too high to begin with. Still, we’re talking about who’s 19th-best of an exceptionally shallow pool, and he’s the last one whose stock seems to be trending up.
I think it's important to remember that his sophomore season was destroyed by tapeworm. Almost have to view him minus a year of his age.

That said I have no opinion of his future professional prospects

Reactions: GoJackets1

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have him relatively low, but I may be overcorrecting for a pro-Ohio State bias on my part. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->