CBJ Board Summer 2019 Prospect Rankings: #12

Which of these prospects is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)
5. Daniil Tarasov (G)
6. Andrew Peeke (D)
7. Veini Vehviläinen (G)
8. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
9. Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)
10. Kevin Stenlund (C)
11. Gabriel Carlsson (D)

Added: Tim Berni (D)

Tyler Angle (C)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Ryan Collins (D)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Michael Prapavessis (D)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Dmitri Voronkov (LW)

Add:
Bittner - 6
Voronkov - 5
Thürkauf - 1
Prapavessis - 1
(as of pled)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Sherwood (I'm just not a big believer in Robinson) add Bittner

The organization trusted Robinson enough they didn't even paper him for AHL playoffs (which seems kind of dumb in hindsight). He played 13 NHL games to Sherwood's 2. He scored at a better rate in the AHL, and didn't get sent to the ECHL. ‍♂️

Anyway, Robinson add Bittner.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I do think people are sleeping on Voronkov a bit — his stat line compares favorably to that of Marchenko, who is the same age and plays in the same league. He doesn’t have Marchenko’s highlight reel, nor does he play for SKA, but he’s got the physical tools and it’s not like his team’s a joke. Marchenko’s still higher on my list, and it appears he’s more highly thought of by Russian national team selectors, but I’m intrigued by Voronkov, to say the least.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
What I find most interesting about this exercise is Robinson still being on the list in Round 12 yet a handful of folks had him in their "mock" lineups on the upcoming season's 4th line.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The organization trusted Robinson enough they didn't even paper him for AHL playoffs (which seems kind of dumb in hindsight). He played 13 NHL games to Sherwood's 2. He scored at a better rate in the AHL, and didn't get sent to the ECHL. ‍♂️

I'll add a couple other factors to the discussion - skillset and age. Robinson is a quick rangy player but displayed pretty much zero offensive acumen. And from what I've read although he has points at lower levels he doesn't play a game that lends itself to scoring in the NHL. Contrary to the Josh Anderson comparisons he is not a particularly strong player or a good shooter either. He's just a tall guy that is fast, not much of a comparison. He'll probably carve out a career as a 4th liner but how much is that worth?

Sherwood is a year and a half younger and has a much better skillset for scoring. I like his build more too, he could become the tougher player to play against. He might be nothing or he might be a middle six winger that pots 20 goals. That's worth more than a guy with a 95% chance of being a 4th liner.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I personally believe neither one possess much if any long term potential at the NHL level, but I think if one has a chance, it’s robinson. At the very least he can be a cup of coffee call up guy who plays well at the AHL level, which I think is Sherwood’s ceiling.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Didn't Robinson hit at least 5 posts in his time with the Jackets? An inch here or there and he would be the darling of the fans.

Reactions: koteka

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What I find most interesting about this exercise is Robinson still being on the list in Round 12 yet a handful of folks had him in their "mock" lineups on the upcoming season's 4th line.

Do you really think we know what we're doing? :huh::laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When the organization's 11 th ranked D man (if you assume Gav & Peeke are fairly ranked here) is the 11th best prospect I think that says a lot about the prospect pool.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
When the organization's 11 th ranked D man (if you assume Gav & Peeke are fairly ranked here) is the 11th best prospect I think that says a lot about the prospect pool.

I could say that Bowen Byram is Colorado's 11th ranked D-man, and if he's their 2nd best prospect, what does that say about them? Nothing, he's a prospect, where he fits in the current depth chart is not very important.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

What does it say? And is what you suggest it says backed up by an examination of other organization's prospect pools?

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

I like Robinson. I think he could have an NHL career. But, it would be limited to a 4th line role. I figured he would be our Matt Calvert replacement but he's hasn't shown that much. So for me, Robinson has been lowered based on potential.

Reactions: Viqsi

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
voted Hjorth.

he is going to surprise many, many people this year. expecting big things in his NA debut season.
I agree, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Add Voronkov. I don't know how I feel about him, he could be a case of "has size and tools" at a young age that allows him to look better than other guys. But, he has more promise than most of the other guys left. Hopefully he has the toolbox to go with a guy being mocked in the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->