CBJ Board Summer 2019 Prospect Rankings: #1

Which prospect of these is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Here it is, the thread you've all been waiting for!!

Vote for the best prospect from the above poll and post who you think should be added from the full list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

A few notes before we get to the voting and adding.

1) I did my best to make the list accurate, but I suspect there are some errors/omissions. Please let me know so I can update the list. Some graduated due to age (no one grad due to NHL playing time), some are no longer under contract to CBJ, again as far as I can tell.

2) The first five was hard, I thought. Three obvious choices from among last year's initial five, then I added Bemstrom even though he was lower in our rankings last year, and Peeke, even though he was below Marchenko in our vote as well. If you guys like Kirill or one of the goalies, vote to add them and fix my mistake.

3) Just so it's said up front, there are no set criteria to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

4) I will do my best to keep these going every day. I have some personal stuff going on that I'm juggling but I know this thing is overdue from a "this summer sucks" standpoint.

Select your add from the list (again, please let me know if there are corrections)

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Gabriel Carlsson (D)
Ryan Collins (D)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Michael Prapavessis (D)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Daniil Tarasov (G)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Veini Vehviläinen (G)
Dmitri Voronkov (LW)

Next Up:
Vehvilainen - 11
Tarasov - 4
TFW - 1
Marchenko - 1
(as of spin)

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Scott Wheeler just did a piece for The Athletic that ranked the top 50 drafted NHL prospects. Bemstrom was #38 and Texier was #39. While I saw Texier at the end of season I haven't seen Bemstrom. Voted Bemstrom.

Add VV

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A few notes before we get to the voting and adding.

1) I did my best to make the list accurate, but I suspect there are some errors/omissions. Please let me know so I can update the list. Some graduated due to age (no one grad due to NHL playing time), some are no longer under contract to CBJ, again as far as I can tell.

2) The first five was hard, I thought. Three obvious choices from among last year's initial five, then I added Bemstrom even though he was lower in our rankings last year, and Peeke, even though he was below Marchenko in our vote as well. If you guys like Kirill or one of the goalies, vote to add them and fix my mistake.
Your lists (both the "to be added" and the ones to be voted on immediately) match the ones I've got, so we're all good. I also had a third list:

Not on the list as they're 25 or older, and/or no longer Calder Trophy eligible:
Jakob Lilja (LW)
Elvis Merzlikins (G)
Sonny Milano (LW)
Peter Quenneville (C/RW)
Doyle Somerby (LD)
Daniel Zaar (RW)

Anyways, Texier, add Vehvilainen.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Pretty sure I saw Vainio on a list of guys whose rights were going to expire, and I don't remember seeing anything about him signing.

Add Vehvilainen.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Voted Tex but was probably closer to saying Foudy than most.
Add Vehvilainen I guess, either goalie really is a good choice.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I get that Tex came over and dominated the AHL and played well in his call up. But it was extremely small sample size. I still don't think he's our absolute best prospect.

This is hard for me because each of Foudy/Bemstrom/Tex all have really great potential but each have their own set of pros and cons. While someone like Gavrikov is imo, ready to be jump into the top 4...

Voted Bemstrom because he played in a tougher league than Tex and was more impressive in limited minutes as well as having better international numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->