CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #9

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Vitaly Abramov| RW
2. Liam Foudy|C
3. Vladislav Gavrikov|D
4. Elvis Merzlikins|G
5. Alexandre Texier|C
6. Jonathan Davidsson|RW
7. Kirill Marchenko|RW
8. Andrew Peeke|D

Added: Eric Robinson

Emil Bemström (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Tyler Bird (RW)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Ryan Collins (D)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Blake Siebenaler (D)
Doyle Somerby (D)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Veeti Vainio (D)
Sam Vigneault (C)
Daniel Zaar (RW)

ADD
Karlberg-2
Bemstrom-4
Thurkauf-7
Vigneault-1
Sherwood-1
Fortier-2
Collins-1

As of X22

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
9b3c47.gif

add Vigneault

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stenlund add Sherwood

Say what you want about the kid, but he sure as hell can shoot the puck, not only that his ability to get the puck to the open man no matter the coverage is pretty impressive. By no means is he just a passenger on his line. I think depending on who makes the Jackets roster, Cleveland is gonna have one helluva first line this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Wheelchair

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Stenlund add Sherwood

Say what you want about the kid, but he sure as hell can shoot the puck, not only that his ability to get the puck to the open man no matter the coverage is pretty impressive. By no means is he just a passenger on his line. I think depending on who makes the Jackets roster, Cleveland is gonna have one helluva first line this season.

Yeah he looks great.

Any idea why he didn't stay in Cleveland last year? It's hard for me to put him ahead of Thurkauf when Thurkauf moved up a level and Sherwood did not.

Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah he looks great.

Any idea why he didn't stay in Cleveland last year? It's hard for me to put him ahead of Thurkauf when Thurkauf moved up a level and Sherwood did not.
He seems like the late developer type, maybe they just wanted to get him as much experience as possible against his peers before moving up. Also delaying until this year means he'll possibly have some help on Cleveland with Davidsson, Abramov, Stenlund, Robinson and a few others possibly playing in Cleveland this year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
add Fortier. Id possibly be voting for him now or soon if he were on the list. I personally see big potential

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
You're absolutely right about Sherwood's offense, but I think due to his lack of development in a traditional market, he probably has a lot to work on outside of that. Which is why he's such an intriguing prospect. If he can take 2-3 years in the AHL without even sniffing the NHL, that might be what he needs to turn into the player he can be. If he rounds his game out, that offense could be scary. That shot of his is just, wow.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You're absolutely right about Sherwood's offense, but I think due to his lack of development in a traditional market, he probably has a lot to work on outside of that. Which is why he's such an intriguing prospect. If he can take 2-3 years in the AHL without even sniffing the NHL, that might be what he needs to turn into the player he can be. If he rounds his game out, that offense could be scary. That shot of his is just, wow.
That's kind of what I was thinking, I just hope it's not gonna take more than a season or two or he could get passed up real quick.

I think because of the way he's been brought through the system he could be the kind of player who carries a chip on his shoulder constantly having to prove himself and that could push him to the next level if he trains correctly and focuses in the off-season.

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
That's kind of what I was thinking, I just hope it's not gonna take more than a season or two or he could get passed up real quick.

I think because of the way he's been brought through the system he could be the kind of player who carries a chip on his shoulder constantly having to prove himself and that could push him to the next level if he trains correctly and focuses in the off-season.
I'd love it if he had that chip on his shoulder, but some things just take time. I think he's strictly in the AHL this year, may get a cup of coffee next year, and IMO the year after is when he may start becoming a threat to make the team out of camp. His road to the NHL is going to be very different from many players which is hard to keep sight of.

As for the thread, I suppose I vote Fortier for the add. IMO the top 10 is about perfect, then the two goalies are right after, and beyond that it's totally up for grabs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad