CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #5

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
As long as we have players constantly pushing to make the team I don't think it'll be an issue. A logjam of good but not great talent isn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially when most of the key positions are filled by young, potentially elite players.

Reactions: Jackets16

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Your argument explains why the prospect pool is not so good. It doesn't help the fact, imo, that it isn't very good. Sporting News just ranked them 28th. Yikes!

NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2018-19, from 1 to 31

And that is fine. Would I like to have a good, young NHL team and a good prospect pool? Obviously. That is really tough to do though. I bet we would be a lot higher just with the addition of Dubois (if he hadn't played in the NHL last year).

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Your argument explains why the prospect pool is not so good. It doesn't help the fact, imo, that it isn't very good. Sporting News just ranked them 28th. Yikes!

NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2018-19, from 1 to 31

The word on the street (actually the mains) is that the Sporting News was just skewed towards current value, not future value. The Islanders were ranked 14th, which is ridiculous, they're top 5. It's just that Dobson and Wahlstrom are 18. If they were 20 and more than ready for NHL jobs, they'd be ranked higher.

I think the Jackets prospect pool is possibly around 20th. There's plenty of clubs who don't have the depth or the number of high upside players.

Reactions: CBJFan827

major major

Feb 18, 2013
His size, shot and on ice IQ make him a perfect breakout candidate, if he can put in some work into his skating I don't think he'll have a problem sticking.

I thought he was the perfect breakout candidate going into last season. His ice time went way up and the results did not.

He's about to turn 22, and he might just be what he is. His skating has already improved a lot just to be at the below average place where it is now, I'm not sure if there's more there. I could see him in an NHL role soon but probably never a big one.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I thought he was the perfect breakout candidate going into last season. His ice time went way up and the results did not.

He's about to turn 22, and he might just be what he is. His skating has already improved a lot just to be at the below average place where it is now, I'm not sure if there's more there. I could see him in an NHL role soon but probably never a big one.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say he's going to breakout into the NHL and be a 30-30 guy. I think his ceiling is a solid middle six center.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Voted Marchenko. I think Tex is a safer prospect between the two, and I see him becoming a 2nd line center, but if Marchenko hits his potential, he could be a similar player to Panarin.

Add Stenlund

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Voted Marchenko. I think Tex is a safer prospect between the two, and I see him becoming a 2nd line center, but if Marchenko hits his potential, he could be a similar player to Panarin.

Add Stenlund

It's a weird day when Texier is the less boom-or-bust of any pair.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Add Stenlund

I just want to point out that (imo) Texier (like Borgstrom is FLA) is more than likely a winger at the NHL level. He's very young and things can change, but to me, his style of play is and would be better on the wing. He seems like a "rich man's" Milano.

This youtube channel is a 'goldmine'. This gives you an idea on Texier. All 3 goals give you something different. Not much to see, and it is Austria, but, what is Team Austria compared to OHL and QmjHL teams/players?

I think Davidsson is a "safer" pick as a decent 3rd liner/more skilled Calvert. But even he still has "potential" for "more" also. Probably still tops out as a "2nd line" type guy. Not many guys his age score and seem to IMPACT the play the way he does in the SweHL I voted for Davidsson, but I probably should have voted for Texier. Age and legit "top line" potential are key.

Reactions: cslebn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->