CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #5

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Vitaly Abramov| RW
  2. Liam Foudy|C
  3. Vladislav Gavrikov|D
  4. Elvis Merzlikins|G

Added: Andrew Peeke

Emil Bemström (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Tyler Bird (RW)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Ryan Collins (D)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Blake Siebenaler (D)
Doyle Somerby (D)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Daniil Tarasov (G)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Veeti Vainio (D)
Veini Vehviläinen (G)
Sam Vigneault (C)
Daniel Zaar (RW)

ADD
Stenlund-9
Tarasov-3
Vehvilainen-3
Robinson-2

As of The Wheelchair

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Add Robinson.

Glad we got Elvis & Gav out of the way. The fact we have a 4/5 D man and a G who has never playe din NA as our 3 & 4 is troublesome to me.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Add Robinson.

Glad we got Elvis & Gad out of the way. The fact we have a 4/5 D man and a G who has never playe din NA as our 3 & 4 is troublesome to me.

That is what happens when you are the youngest (or at least one of the youngest) teams in the league. Imagine if we could add Dubois, Werenski, etc.... to our prospect list. When your top prospects are so good that they are in the NHL at 19 and 20 years old, your prospect pool tends to not be as good. That is why I have always preferred lists that are top players 24 and under (for example) as opposed to lists that just include top prospects.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Let's see how long it takes for either Tarasov or Vehvilainen to get added because we're about split on who we think is better right now/in the future.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well, after 4 votes it appears Elvis has now left the building. So I'll shift to Texier because......well, just because.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I truly believe Stenlund is gonna grab a bottom 6 spot sometime this season. Between injuries and unproven depth a couple of these kids have a golden opportunity to prove the are NHL ready and I think Stenlunds game will be easiest to transition into the NHL.

His size, shot and on ice IQ make him a perfect breakout candidate, if he can put in some work into his skating I don't think he'll have a problem sticking.

He already understands what it takes to be a center (or on the roster at all) in Columbus under Torts(yes I know the video is a year old)

Forces a turnover, gets the puck to the point, initiates contact in front of the net and then sneaks back door for an easy goal. I know it's just a clip, but video of him is rare. Excited that we'll actually get to see him in action this season.

I think he might take some time to adjust in Cleveland but I see him coming in and filling a role similar to Johansen in his first season or two. Bottom 6 center who can (hopefully) take some harder matchups to relieve pressure off of the top 6.

Reactions: The Wheelchair

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
That is what happens when you are the youngest (or at least one of the youngest) teams in the league. Imagine if we could add Dubois, Werenski, etc.... to our prospect list. When your top prospects are so good that they are in the NHL at 19 and 20 years old, your prospect pool tends to not be as good. That is why I have always preferred lists that are top players 24 and under (for example) as opposed to lists that just include top prospects.

Your argument explains why the prospect pool is not so good. It doesn't help the fact, imo, that it isn't very good. Sporting News just ranked them 28th. Yikes!

NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2018-19, from 1 to 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad