CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #4

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Vitaly Abramov| RW
  2. Liam Foudy|C
  3. Vladislav Gavrikov|D

Added: Gabriel Carlsson

Emil Bemström (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Tyler Bird (RW)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Ryan Collins (D)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Andrew Peeke (D)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Blake Siebenaler (D)
Doyle Somerby (D)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Daniil Tarasov (G)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Veeti Vainio (D)
Veini Vehviläinen (G)
Sam Vigneault (C)
Daniel Zaar (RW)

ADD
Peeke-9
Stenlund-4
Tarasov-3
Robinson-2
Vehvilainen-1

As of X22

Last edited:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I must admit, I’ve never been particularly high on Elvis nor have I been high on the Swiss league’s level of competition. But he’s consistently been a great-to-elite goaltender in the NLA and World Championships.

Voted Merz, add Peeke

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Oof. I'd take a potential starting goalie over a #3/#4 stay-at-home D any day.

Add Peeke. Going through this, I'm starting to think our prospect pool is deeper than I thought...

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Add Peeke. Going through this, I'm starting to think our prospect pool is deeper than I thought...

I agree that it is deep. I also agree (broadly) with those who say it lacks slam-dunk top-end potential. But 1) depth gives you a wider net from which that talent can emerge and 2) some of those guys are already with the big club.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

The thing with Gavrikov is he is exactly what we're missing on D, so combined with the fact that's the the closest thing to a finished product on the list, he's (hopefully) ready to come over after this season and should be able to thrown right into the lineup puts him above Elvis for me.

Elvis is good, but he has to outplay Korpi and honestly I think Korpi is a little underrated on here. He needs more games played if he is gonna get better and he won't get them playing behind Bob. It's extremely hard to play consistently as a backup.

Reactions: thebus88

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

Your average starting goalie is usually worth less than a 2nd pairing defenseman, especially if they’re good enough to be considered a #3 a la Hjalmarsson in Chicago.

I mean, over the course of a career, I’d value a Hjalmarsson over a Steve Mason. Now, that conversation certainly changes when the goalie starts to hit that upper echelon. The Holtby, Bobrovsky, Price, Vasilevskiy, etc. tier. Then they’re worth their weight in gold (when cost-controlled, of course).

Reactions: major major

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The thing with Gavrikov is he is exactly what we're missing on D, so combined with the fact that's the the closest thing to a finished product on the list, he's (hopefully) ready to come over after this season and should be able to thrown right into the lineup puts him above Elvis for me.

Elvis is good, but he has to outplay Korpi and honestly I think Korpi is a little underrated on here. He needs more games played if he is gonna get better and he won't get them playing behind Bob. It's extremely hard to play consistently as a backup.
Yeah, I agree. I like Gavrikov, don't get me wrong, but he seems like he'll probably be exactly the player Savard is, with less offense. Meanwhile, I'm very high on Elvis, he has every trait I want a goalie to have.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Texier add Tarasov.

(I've realized I forgot about Tarasov, just as everyone else votes for Peeke.)

Your average starting goalie is usually worth less than a 2nd pairing defenseman, especially if they’re good enough to be considered a #3 a la Hjalmarsson in Chicago.

I mean, over the course of a career, I’d value a Hjalmarsson over a Steve Mason. Now, that conversation certainly changes when the goalie starts to hit that upper echelon. The Holtby, Bobrovsky, Price, Vasilevskiy, etc. tier. Then they’re worth their weight in gold (when cost-controlled, of course).

This is the truth. There's a scrap heap of average goalies you can get for free. But when they provide better value than that, it can be the most value you get out of any player. Can Merzlikins do that? I have no idea, you really can't tell from Swiss league stats.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I think Tarasov is a fine prospect. I just have no idea how MHL goalie stats compare to other leagues. Seems like he wasn't the only drafted goalie in that league with great stats.

Add Stenlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->