CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #3

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

1. Vitaly Abramov| RW
  2. Liam Foudy|C

Added: Kirill Marchenko

8BGjdHM.png

Emil Bemström (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Tyler Bird (RW)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Gabriel Carlsson (D)
Ryan Collins (D)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Andrew Peeke (D)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Blake Siebenaler (D)
Doyle Somerby (D)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Daniil Tarasov (G)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Veeti Vainio (D)
Veini Vehviläinen (G)
Sam Vigneault (C)
Daniel Zaar (RW)

ADD
Peeke-3
Carlson-9
Vehvilainen-1
Stenlund-3
Robinson-1

As of Nanabijou

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I know Foudy looked great on 3 on 3, but how in the world is he voted above Elvis, who has been near Elite for the past 2 season, and stood on his head in the tourney this summer. At this point, I'm not sure how Foudy is considered a better prospect than Texier, maybe its what CBJ Wennberg said, the shiny toy syndrome. I disagree that our prospect pool lacks high end talent. Elvis, and Tex could certainly become that. As well as Foudy, Abramov. What did Panarin look like , at 22/23. Was he projected a top 10 player in the league, elite talent ?

Reactions: CBJFan827

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I admittedly don’t know the prospects as well as many of you. I’ve not seen them play so my take is based on scouting/prospect reports (e.g. The Athletic, SiriusXM, etc) and stats. I’ve voted for Elvis in each poll based on strong play in a pro league and his outstanding play for his national team flashing high level performance. Whether he pans out - we’ll who knows - but I have hope he represents life after Bob.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I admittedly don’t know the prospects as well as many of you. I’ve not seen them play so my take is based on scouting/prospect reports (e.g. The Athletic, SiriusXM, etc) and stats. I’ve voted for Elvis in each poll based on strong play in a pro league and his outstanding play for his national team flashing high level performance. Whether he pans out - we’ll who knows - but I have hope he represents life after Bob.

You're doing this wrong. Rather than simply explain why you're voting for a particular prospect, you should also express abhorrence that anyone would view things differently than you do. If possible, you should also attempt to diminish those differing viewpoints as well.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I know Foudy looked great on 3 on 3, but how in the world is he voted above Elvis, who has been near Elite for the past 2 season, and stood on his head in the tourney this summer. At this point, I'm not sure how Foudy is considered a better prospect than Texier, maybe its what CBJ Wennberg said, the shiny toy syndrome. I disagree that our prospect pool lacks high end talent. Elvis, and Tex could certainly become that. As well as Foudy, Abramov. What did Panarin look like , at 22/23. Was he projected a top 10 player in the league, elite talent ?
:dunno: I don't vote him as high for the same reason that I used to be low on Gavrikov - basically, skepticism about whether or not he'll ever play here.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
:dunno: I don't vote him as high for the same reason that I used to be low on Gavrikov - basically, skepticism about whether or not he'll ever play here.
I think he will, he talked about wanting to play in the Olympics as a reason why he stayed in Russia if I'm remembering correctly. And now that he won gold what reason does he have to stay? I think the only reason he may not come over is that by the time he's ready to come over, the D is going to be even more full than it is now.

Kukan could cement himself this season as Nuttivara did last year and then next season guys like Peeke come in to legitimately start challenging for a spot.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Gavrikov, add Stenlund.

Re: Elvis: His international stats are outstanding, and that's why I'll vote for him in the next few polls, but it's not like he was miles ahead of every other goalie in the Swiss league (fifth in SV%, eighth in GAA). His playoff run was great, plus the aforementioned 18 games for Latvia over the last two years, but there's enough uncertainty, added on to the uncertainty inherent in all goalie prospects, for me to be more comfortable with him in the 4-6 range rather than 1-3.

Vehvilainen, for the record: first in both SV% and GAA among Liiga goalies who played more than half their team's games. I'm not saying he's necessarily a better prospect than Elvis, but Liiga is a better league and Veini's three years younger.

Reactions: Viqsi and Jackets16

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Gavrikov, add Stenlund.

Re: Elvis: His international stats are outstanding, and that's why I'll vote for him in the next few polls, but it's not like he was miles ahead of every other goalie in the Swiss league (fifth in SV%, eighth in GAA). His playoff run was great, plus the aforementioned 18 games for Latvia over the last two years, but there's enough uncertainty, added on to the uncertainty inherent in all goalie prospects, for me to be more comfortable with him in the 4-6 range rather than 1-3.

Vehvilainen, for the record: first in both SV% and GAA among Liiga goalies who played more than half their team's games. I'm not saying he's necessarily a better prospect than Elvis, but Liiga is a better league and Veini's three years younger.

You're very right about Elvis, but I think those games with Latvia really impressed a lot.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
As I said in the last thread, Elvis's playoff stats should appeal to everyone, especially considering how Bob is talked about on here. He thrives in big situations, and on a crappy Latvia team internationally. He only gets more and more impressive as time goes by. He should've been 2. Collectively we have high hopes for Foudy, but I don't think he's shown enough at this point to be above Elvis or Texier.

Daniel Zaar still exists? Add Carlsson

Reactions: cslebn

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Are you just voting based on who is better now? I'm not particular interested in that distinction, and of course Merzlikins is better, he's 6 years older than Foudy. Elvis is also the same age as Matt Murray, and a year younger than Hellebuyck and Gibson.

In my mind, the value is pretty close. Foudy has a shot at being a top liner, Merzlikins could become an above average starter. Being a goalie, we can't tell for sure, even at age 24.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Because prospect lists aren't based on how good a player is now, but on how good they can be if they reach their potential. How good they are now, how close they are to the NHL, how likely they are to reach their potential, etc.... should only be used if 2 prospects have similar potential. IMO.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
You're doing this wrong. Rather than simply explain why you're voting for a particular prospect, you should also express abhorrence that anyone would view things differently than you do. If possible, you should also attempt to diminish those differing viewpoints as well.
That bus seems pretty crowded. :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

So debate on a forum is frowned upon? Okay then. Good to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad