CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #13

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I sincerely believe if Sherwood and Meyer (I know nobody has voted for him yet, but he made last years list) were from Brampton or Moscow they wouldn't even get considered for these polls, or even in this organization. They both have very very limited strengths.

This fits you a little too well. From being Chicken Little to being the most pessimistic poster, you're now the one who thinks anyone who likes a prospect from Ohio is just an Ohio homer. Was there some nuclear disaster in Ohio? Why do you think good things can't happen there?

I don't care who is from Ohio, I'm not from there and I don't live there. I don't associate with Ohio. In this case Sherwood has better tangible skills than the guys around where he's probably going to be voted in (~18th on the list). It's pretty ballsy to be calling that a homer vote.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I sincerely believe if Sherwood and Meyer (I know nobody has voted for him yet, but he made last years list) were from Brampton or Moscow they wouldn't even get considered for these polls, or even in this organization. They both have very very limited strengths.
Meyer had 32 goals in the USHL in his draft year (was passed over) and 26 points in 32 NCAA games in his D+1 year are respectable numbers. Obviously he had a down year in 17-18, but he's a solid candidate for a bounce-back season. Guy had a tapeworm all year for Pete's sake. He's not in my top 20 this year but if he was from Illinois or Michigan or whatever I'd still think the same about him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This fits you a little too well. From being Chicken Little to being the most pessimistic poster, you're now the one who thinks anyone who likes a prospect from Ohio is just an Ohio homer. Was there some nuclear disaster in Ohio? Why do you think good things can't happen there?

I don't care who is from Ohio, I'm not from there and I don't live there. I don't associate with Ohio. In this case Sherwood has better tangible skills than the guys around where he's probably going to be voted in (~18th on the list). It's pretty ballsy to be calling that a homer vote.

Strike a nerve there, did I?

I don't care if he's from Ohio either. Yet, I know some do. Pretty "ballsy" to assume just because I think two prospects from Ohio aren't going to be anything in the NHL doesn't mean I think all prospects from Ohio won't be good. I happen to think Roslovic, you know, a good prospect, has a lot of potential and so does the kid that plays for the Bruins that I can't remember the name of.

You can like Sherwood and vote for him, and that's fine. I happen to think aside from his shooting ability he's not a professional player. And if he wasn't born here he wouldn't have gotten an ELC. Even the team didn't invest a pick in him. Granted, I have only seen him in every development camp he's been to, but from almost all accounts from his junior teams he's nothing special. Yes I know we are voting in the late teens and 20'a and those players aren't special in all likelihood, I just think there are some better votes out there.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Add Stucker. I think people are sleeping on him a bit. Minnesota (his hometown school and favorite team growing up) took no notice of him out of high school, but offered him after a couple months in the USHL. He's got prototypical size and a really solid shot, and he shows good passing and ice vision in the highlights I've seen. Looks to me like he still needs a good deal of work on his skating, but there's definitely tools there to work with.

Plus his name is classic...add Stucker

Reactions: The Wheelchair

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Pretty "ballsy" to assume just because I think two prospects from Ohio aren't going to be anything in the NHL doesn't mean I think all prospects from Ohio won't be good.
I think the accusation being leveled is that you're accused of accusing folks voting for those two of being home state homers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad