CBJ Board Summer '18 Prospect Rankings: #1

Who's the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

Emil Bemström (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Tyler Bird (RW)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Gabriel Carlsson (D)
Ryan Collins (D)
Jonathan Davidsson (RW)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Andrew Peeke (D)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Blake Siebenaler (D)
Doyle Somerby (D)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Daniil Tarasov (G)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Veeti Vainio (D)
Veini Vehviläinen (G)
Sam Vigneault (C)
Daniel Zaar (RW)

ADD
Davidson-6
Marchenko-6
Peeke-4
Carlson-1
Stenlund-1
Tarasov-1
Vehviläinen-1

As of MikeyP24

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Add Davidson.

Did I forget anybody on the list? Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Foudy add Marchenko

This is going to be one of the most interesting prospect polls we've ever done imo. No clear favorites as far as I can tell.

I went with Foudy based on his ceiling as far as I can tell based on his 2nd half stats and things I've read about him from various sources.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Elvis Merzlikins

Add Kirill Marchenko (who I might have voted for as our top prospect if he was an option)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Voted Abramov. May not have the highest liklihood to reach his ceiling but I personally feel his ceiling is much greater than anyone else in the system.

Add Marchenko

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wow, Peeke love already? That's...interesting.

I'm voting from my list from Prospect Info I posted in June, so Merzlikins add Davidsson.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd say there's still room for some growth.

He's also pretty good right now. People lump him in with the other 2nd round D but he's a much more polished all around player already, and exceptionally quick. From the video I've seen I could imagine him playing a Marc Methot role.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Elvis

Add Vehvaläinen.

I went off the board with this one but his stats are beyond impressive in Liiga, even though he was drafted as an overager. Led Karpat to the championship gamgame, eventually winning it all this past season. I’m 100 percent sold. The future goalie situation in Columbus is stellar (Vehvaläinen, Elvis, Tarasov... here’s to hoping that they end up making the trek over to NA).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Elvis

Add Vehvaläinen.

I went off the board with this one but his stats are beyond impressive in Liiga, even though he was drafted as an overager. Led Karpat to the championship gamgame, eventually winning it all this past season. I’m 100 percent sold. The future goalie situation in Columbus is stellar (Vehvaläinen, Elvis, Tarasov... here’s to hoping that they end up making the trek over to NA).
Not adding him quite yet myself, but, yeah, I'm impressed with him too.

Then again, I was also thinking the world of Kivlenieks, and so far that has... not gone well.

Someday I'm just going to finally accept that I completely and utterly suck ass at prospect evaluation and stop trying. But today is not that day. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad