CBJ Board Summer '14 Prospect Rankings: #8

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Well they are probably the best of our prospects left. I don't get the Forsberg "love", so I went with Dansk. I'd probably go Heatherington then Forseberg after that, but we're in the mid level prospects now.

We've been circling that Forsberg wagon for a while now, even though he's only 21. Hopefully he lives up to the faith (hype?) around here.

A while now? It usually takes more than 5 years for a goalie prospect to be developed. All you can ask is that they make progress. Forsberg's done that, and Dansk hasn't. Forsberg just had a .920 in the SHL. That's progress, not hype. Dansk on the other hand is nothing but promise at this point.

I'm not sure what's supposed to be perplexing about "Forsberg love". One of these goalies is just way better than the other. That could change in the future, but there's nothing unusual in supposing that Forsberg will be the better goalie.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
A while now? It usually takes more than 5 years for a goalie prospect to be developed. All you can ask is that they make progress. Forsberg's done that, and Dansk hasn't. Forsberg just had a .920 in the SHL. That's progress, not hype. Dansk on the other hand is nothing but promise at this point.

Add to that Forsberg's 1.13 GAA in 4 games with Springfield, and being their most solid goalie during the AHL playoffs.

It's a very small sample size, but it make sense that there is "hype" following a goalie coming over and doing very well after a great season in the SHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad