CBJ Board Summer '14 Prospect Rankings: #6

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dano is getting pretty underrated on here. Should definitely have gone up there before Bjorkstrand.

Add Zaar.

Dano IMO is neck and neck with Bjorkstrand and Reilly. I just think their potential is greater, but i think Dano makes the big club within 2 seasons

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Dano IMO is neck and neck with Bjorkstrand and Reilly. I just think their potential is greater, but i think Dano makes the big club within 2 seasons

I think Bjorkstrand and Reilly's chances of making the NHL are more slim than many on here seem to think.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Your surprise surprises me. Hjalmarsson stands a very good chance of becoming a top six wing scorer. He's a second rounder who's steadily improved every year. And you'd rather Dansk was on this list? Dansk was a project pick who's hardly improved at all.

Dansk is a goalie, which take longer to develop, and is only 20. Hjalmarsson, while I like the player, is 25 and hasn't spent a minute on North American ice. I think he has an NHL future, but I don't think he's a top prospect.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Bjorkstrand and Reilly's chances of making the NHL are more slim than many on here seem to think.

If Bjorkstrand replicates last season(which would be very impressive considering all of their top talent is leaving) his value will skyrocket. And there will be about 29 GMs wishing they had drafted him in the first or second round. This will be a very telling season for him. And why do you think Reilly won't be so good? He's already a hobey favorite and is poised to be the top Dman in the entire country in the NCAA, and when he was paired with Jones didn't look out of place at all.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If Bjorkstrand replicates last season(which would be very impressive considering all of their top talent is leaving) his value will skyrocket. And there will be about 29 GMs wishing they had drafted him in the first or second round. This will be a very telling season for him. And why do you think Reilly won't be so good? He's already a hobey favorite and is poised to be the top Dman in the entire country in the NCAA, and when he was paired with Jones didn't look out of place at all.

I think all of those things could happen - Bjorkstrand could have another 110 pt season, Reilly could win the Hobey Baker trophy, and it still would be unsurprising to me if neither of them turned into NHLers. Look at the list of players who've had 19 year old seasons like Bjorkstrand. Look at the list of Hobey Baker trophy winners. Its no guarantee of further success.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Atkinson had a great NCAA career, was a Hobey Baker finalist and a lot of people can't wait to ship him out of town.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Atkinson had a great NCAA career, was a Hobey Baker finalist and a lot of people can't wait to ship him out of town.

I just looked at Cam's career stats. Surprising to me was that he's only played the equivalent of 2 full seasons (over 3 yrs) and is about as true a .5 pt a game guy as you can get. 72 (37g,35a) pts in 141 games. Seems like his stats support a solid NHL career but not sure he lives up to the hype.

Point is you never know until a guy gets into the NHL and even then you don't really know for a few seasons in most cases.

My guess is Cam sticks around the NHL for many years to come and Reilly and Bjorkstrand will probably do the same if they continue on the path they are on now.

Will they be superstars or even top line guys? Odds are against them for that but they should make the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad