CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Buckeyes still dominating in Cleveland. Six of their ten wrestlers are in the semifinals and three of the other four are wrestling for All-America status tonight (the semifinalists are automatically All-Americans).

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Never have followed college basketball. But tomorrow I will root for the Buckeyes. Though admittedly, not watching.

Gonzaga is here in Spokane and this time of year, it's impossible to explain to anyone how much you don't care, without being heckled.

Go Bucks.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Ugly fourth session of the wrestling championship for the Buckeyes. They can still win the team national title, but will need help from everyone wrestling Penn State tomorrow.

Still, eight All-Americans (out of 10 possible) with two still having a chance to win the national title in their weight class (the other six can all still finish as high as third) is not bad.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Speaking of ND I hope I live long enough to see the Irish become full. non-football members of the Big Ten, which won't happen for another 18 years at least due to the ACC's grant of rights. I like both ND and OSU in all sports. ND will never join a conference for football, and I hope by 2036 the Big Ten will be willing to accept ND in a similar arrangement to what the Irish have in the ACC (5 football games against Big Ten members each year, full membership in other Big Ten sports). The Irish are in Indiana so they make perfect sense for the Big Ten.

OSU football can't come any sooner. Last year they were once again the best football team in Ohio, since the Browns didn't win at all and the Bengals didn't win enough (they didn't even reach .500, and I question their decision to retain Marvin Lewis when by this point he is detrimental to the Bengals' long-term chances of success, for instance he hasn't won a playoff game and now he hasn't been back to the playoffs the last two seasons). OSU can certainly beat the Browns IMO.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Speaking of ND I hope I live long enough to see the Irish become full. non-football members of the Big Ten, which won't happen for another 18 years at least due to the ACC's grant of rights. I like both ND and OSU in all sports. ND will never join a conference for football, and I hope by 2036 the Big Ten will be willing to accept ND in a similar arrangement to what the Irish have in the ACC (5 football games against Big Ten members each year, full membership in other Big Ten sports). The Irish are in Indiana so they make perfect sense for the Big Ten.

OSU football can't come any sooner. Last year they were once again the best football team in Ohio, since the Browns didn't win at all and the Bengals didn't win enough (they didn't even reach .500, and I question their decision to retain Marvin Lewis when by this point he is detrimental to the Bengals' long-term chances of success, for instance he hasn't won a playoff game and now he hasn't been back to the playoffs the last two seasons). OSU can certainly beat the Browns IMO.

I wouldn't be so sure of that last. League differences tend to be pretty significant.

Six years ago, when the Jackets were by far the worst team in the NHL and it wasn't particularly close, the Norfolk Admirals went on an unbelievable tear, dominating pretty much every team they came across, and winning the Calder Cup quite handily. A lot of folks around the NHL started joking that they'd have a good chance of beating the Jackets. An easy way to point out how silly that suggestion was was to take a look at who the Ads' playoff MVP (and one of their top scoring contributors) was - Alexandre Picard, previously known as the biggest (non-Filatov) draft bust in Blue Jackets history (and still hopeless at the NHL level to this day).

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I’m in Pittsburgh again this weekend and the sports radio dudes seem to have moved on from him. I guess they were hoping for Danny Hurley. Anyway no talk this afternoon about Matta.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

ND is either all in or all out. Personally , I vote for the latter.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Nova...holy 3 pointers. Brunson is a helluva player. I like them on Monday night.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Nova too much for Michigan...DiVicenzo off the bench was special...well played game by both teams...best part for me was the players didn't hot dog or gloat or stare down or whatever else is the cool thing to do - they just played their butts off. And I don't believe any highly touted one and doners on either team.

Reactions: Byrral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad