KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Daniel Bryan GIF.GIF

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is absolutely the most shameful, disgraceful nonperformance I have ever seen out of an OSU defense, ever.

**** everything.

EDIT: And it just keeps topping itself. Again and again and again. I mean, when I wrote that we were down by 22 points, and we've scored two touchdowns since BUT THAT'S STILL THE MARGIN.

EDIT 2: oops wait as I typed that they picksixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
This is absolutely the most shameful, disgraceful nonperformance I have ever seen out of an OSU defense, ever.

**** everything.

EDIT: And it just keeps topping itself. Again and again and again. I mean, when I wrote that we were down by 22 points, and we've scored two touchdowns since BUT THAT'S STILL THE MARGIN.

This. Pretty much all of Urban’s positional coaches have been awful with the lone exception of Tom Herman (the offense has been on a downward trend since Day’s 3-0 start). Alex Grinch has been a huge bust and Schiano needs to move on.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
74 pass attempts.

Nuff said.

I absolutely loved JK Dobbins last year. Thought he was going to be a hot shot player, and a Buckeye great. Not to the level of Zeke or Eddie, but someone who would go down in OSU history as a great back. Not one good game this season, and largely out performed by Mike Weber, who is no great shakes himself. The offensive line has looked absolutely lost in the run game, which is weird because we literally only lost Billy Price, who was great,but it's one player. WTF??

I get that since nobody respects Haskins running the ball, it's harder to surprise them with trick run plays or RPO, but the inability to run all year is astonishing. It's more than just the blocking.

The defense is putrid and the absolute head strong coaching decision to continue with man to man when our young and beat up secondary can't handle it just makes me so angry.

They've been flirting with this type of upset for a while now. Ever since Urban has been back. Sure, they beat TCU (which doesn't look impressive anymore) and Penn State (which also doesn't look that impressive anymore), but when you struggle against Indiana, Minnesota (consecutively), and get hung 31 points on by Oregon State there were alarm bells. This had been brewing. And we're going to get our asses kicked by Michigan.

Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The only point above that I would offer a different take on is the offensive line. Jordan is a new C and not very good there. Munford as a starting LT is new as is Pidgeon. Prince has regressed to his former shitty self, I don't think Zeke or Eddie George could run behind these guys.

I wholeheartedly agree on the position coaches, especially the D. I hate the don't look for the ball philosophy in general and with this group of inexperienced D backs it is utter disaster. Agree on the need for more zone coverage.

CBS sports projects them falling to 9th in the polls. That might not be far enough down.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I absolutely loved JK Dobbins last year. Thought he was going to be a hot shot player, and a Buckeye great. Not to the level of Zeke or Eddie, but someone who would go down in OSU history as a great back. Not one good game this season, and largely out performed by Mike Weber, who is no great shakes himself. The offensive line has looked absolutely lost in the run game, which is weird because we literally only lost Billy Price, who was great,but it's one player. WTF??
Enh. I've liked more of what I've seen out of Dobbins and Weber than most. It just feels like the offensive line is failing them. I mean, they're not superstars, but they do OK.

I'm more pissed off at the "I'ma give you a quick hug before you run the ball in for a touchdown" defense that was on display that night. Between that and the inability to get past any blocking scheme whatsoever...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Is Justin Meram the Crew's version of Jason Chimera? Every time I see him play for the Crew he always seems to miss wide open nets.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

**** everything.

The OSU defense did it ... AGAIN.
OSU won the ball game, but felt like a loss. Maryland deserved the win; their missing a wide-open 2pt conversion does not change the fact that OSU's defense in shambles. Bad schemes, bad tackling, an apparent case of L.O.F.T.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The OSU defense did it ... AGAIN.
OSU won the ball game, but felt like a loss. Maryland deserved the win; their missing a wide-open 2pt conversion does not change the fact that OSU's defense in shambles. Bad schemes, bad tackling, an apparent case of L.O.F.T.
This one didn't feel as bad to me. Mostly because I could pin most of it on folks expecting the linebackers to do their jobs and getting frequently disappointed. That and I'm used to the idea of Maryland being a world-beater one week and a cupcake the next. But otherwise yes, much garbage.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
74 pass attempts.

Nuff said.

I get that since nobody respects Haskins running the ball, it's harder to surprise them with trick run plays or RPO, but the inability to run all year is astonishing. It's more than just the blocking.

The defense is putrid and the absolute head strong coaching decision to continue with man to man when our young and beat up secondary can't handle it just makes me so angry.

They've been flirting with this type of upset for a while now. Ever since Urban has been back. Sure, they beat TCU (which doesn't look impressive anymore) and Penn State (which also doesn't look that impressive anymore), but when you struggle against Indiana, Minnesota (consecutively), and get hung 31 points on by Oregon State there were alarm bells. This had been brewing. And we're going to get our asses kicked by Michigan.

I know I'm quoting an old post, but Ed Warriner leaving last winter maybe the piece you're looking for with the line.

That doesn't resolve the oddities with lineback and the D-line getting opening like a can of tennis balls but it may explain one aspect.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
We don't give a damn 'bout the rogue state called Meatchicken
the rogue state called Meatchicken
the rogue state called Meatchicken
We don't give a damn 'bout the rogue state called Meatchicken
We're from O-HI-O!

Reactions: ReggieRed and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seriously, the fact that Michigan could be ranked #4 shows why we need an eight-team playoff. If you win a power conference, you deserve a chance to play for the National title.
Absolutely concur. That plus it opens up chances for teams like UCF that I'd love to see get their shot (even tho their QB got badly injured this week :( ) - mostly because I still find myself grinning at memories of twelve years ago watching the Fiesta Bowl. :D

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad