Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
timeric_ep005_01.jpg

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Please Football Gods, let JT Barrett be the starting QB for the Bucks again and for the rest of his career at OSU. :help:

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I tuned in for the Crew game and saw a dramatic overtime goal. That was awesome.
First playoff win in seven years!

MASSIVE!

Also, Montreal has a player named Camara, while the Crew has Kamara. It's a good thing Rimer doesn't do the Crew's play-by-play. :laugh:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

Pathetic.

"I would trust them both with watching my grandkids all the way up to quarterbacking my team to a national championship."

Lol, what a spectrum.

"That is to say, if it's between watching my grandkids and quarterbacking my team to a national championship.... Er, the kids'll be fine. Their parents will understand!!"

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Please Football Gods, let JT Barrett be the starting QB for the Bucks again and for the rest of his career at OSU. :help:

Just to clarify - my position is strictly forward looking.

As to the letters posted I don't agree with them at all. JT screwed up as 20 year olds are wont to do. His punishment seems adequate to me especially if you think about his loss of part of his scholarship. That is the equivalent of a 10k fine for his first offense.

I reiterate my request to the football gods which implies that JT keeps his nose clean from now on.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 59s60 seconds ago
Ohio State announces it will serve beer and wine in all seating areas of the Schottenstein Center for men's/wonen's hoops and men's hockey

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Ohio State announces it will serve beer and wine in all seating areas of the Schottenstein Center for men's/wonen's hoops and men's hockey

Is there anything they won't do for money? And they have the nerve to have some poor young student call me and try to guilt more money out of me!

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Is there anything they won't do for money? And they have the nerve to have some poor young student call me and try to guilt more money out of me!

I don't see what the issue is...people like to drink at sporting events. Many other schools are already serving alcoholic beverages.

I used to work at that calling center. It's very Glengarry Glen Ross.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

As long as they don't start serving it at The Shoe (Yes I know they serve it in the Huntington Club there) I'm alright with it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
They won't play a quality non-conference opponent in football no matter what the payday.

ummmmm you may want to check that again...I'm by no means an OSU fan, but they go out and schedule 1 big game to a home and home pretty much every year...you're WAY off base here....when VT was scheduled, they were a top 5 team...

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
ummmmm you may want to check that again...I'm by no means an OSU fan, but they go out and schedule 1 big game to a home and home pretty much every year...you're WAY off base here....when VT was scheduled, they were a top 5 team...

Except for the fact that they've cancelled three home-and-home series against actual difficult opponents.

First one was a home-and-home against Tennessee scheduled for 2018 and 2019, a mere seven and eight years out from the time that series was scratched.

Second one was a home-and-home against Georgia scheduled for 2010 and 2021, which was eight and nine years out from the time the series was cancelled.

Most recently was the announcement in August 2014 that the home-and-home against North Carolina that was scheduled for 2017 and 2018 wouldn't take place either. The timing on this one was pretty convenient, namely that it came at almost exactly the same time that UNC was slotted into the AP's preseason top 25 poll for the 2014 season.

Virginia Tech was in fact scheduled in 2002, when they were floating around the top-25. And Ohio State has had ample opportunity to cancel that series, but why would they? VaTech has had three or more losses every year since 2005, including six in 2012 and five in 2013. It looks superficially impressive to play the Hokies, despite their program going from national contenders down to the "others receiving votes" level.

This is a reflection of OSU's recent history. Schedule an impressive-looking series for years down the road, let their fans crow about "playing ANYONE!!!!" and if there's even the slightest possibility that they'll be playing a top-level team, back out of it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Except for the fact that they've cancelled three home-and-home series against actual difficult opponents.

First one was a home-and-home against Tennessee scheduled for 2018 and 2019, a mere seven and eight years out from the time that series was scratched.

Second one was a home-and-home against Georgia scheduled for 2010 and 2021, which was eight and nine years out from the time the series was cancelled.

Most recently was the announcement in August 2014 that the home-and-home against North Carolina that was scheduled for 2017 and 2018 wouldn't take place either. The timing on this one was pretty convenient, namely that it came at almost exactly the same time that UNC was slotted into the AP's preseason top 25 poll for the 2014 season.

Virginia Tech was in fact scheduled in 2002, when they were floating around the top-25. And Ohio State has had ample opportunity to cancel that series, but why would they? VaTech has had three or more losses every year since 2005, including six in 2012 and five in 2013. It looks superficially impressive to play the Hokies, despite their program going from national contenders down to the "others receiving votes" level.

This is a reflection of OSU's recent history. Schedule an impressive-looking series for years down the road, let their fans crow about "playing ANYONE!!!!" and if there's even the slightest possibility that they'll be playing a top-level team, back out of it.

18/19 they have Oregon State (mediocre PAC12 team) and TCU (top 5/10 team recently)
20/21 Oregon
22/23 Notre Dame AND Texas

i mean, i can believe i'm defending OSU here...but sorry man, you can try to spin it any way you want, the OOC scheduling is more than solid...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Those SEC games were canceled for other reasons (not just "OMG a good team is coming up") - The UT series was canceled because the Big Ten is moving to a 9-game conference slate that year. I believe OSU will start off with a 4H/5A conference schedule in BOTH the first two years the 9-game conference schedule is implemented.

The UGA series is off because of the now-dead Pac-12/Big 10 series that would have taken place those years.

It's simple, Gene Smith wants at minimum 7 home games a year. The 9 conference games and potential Pac 12 / Big 10 agreement threw a wrench into that.

Outside of that, they pretty much always have a top 25 non-conference team and then a couple middling to good MAC schools. Look at the SEC. They almost ALL schedule FCS garbage the week before their rivalry games in November. It's a joke.

OSU in recent years: USC, Texas, Miami (FL), Virginia Tech, Cal (scheduled when Rodgers and Lynch were there), Washington.

Coming up: Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Oregon, Notre Dame, Boston College.

I mean, honestly, if we're criticizing Ohio State's OOC schedule, we might as well criticize every team's OOC schedule. There's very few schools scheduling multiple "big time" non-conf games.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Those SEC games were canceled for other reasons (not just "OMG a good team is coming up") - The UT series was canceled because the Big Ten is moving to a 9-game conference slate that year. I believe OSU will start off with a 4H/5A conference schedule in BOTH the first two years the 9-game conference schedule is implemented.

The UGA series is off because of the now-dead Pac-12/Big 10 series that would have taken place those years.

It's simple, Gene Smith wants at minimum 7 home games a year. The 9 conference games and potential Pac 12 / Big 10 agreement threw a wrench into that.

Outside of that, they pretty much always have a top 25 non-conference team and then a couple middling to good MAC schools. Look at the SEC. They almost ALL schedule FCS garbage the week before their rivalry games in November. It's a joke.

OSU in recent years: USC, Texas, Miami (FL), Virginia Tech, Cal (scheduled when Rodgers and Lynch were there), Washington.

Coming up: Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Oregon, Notre Dame, Boston College.

I mean, honestly, if we're criticizing Ohio State's OOC schedule, we might as well criticize every team's OOC schedule. There's very few schools scheduling multiple "big time" non-conf games.

all conferences have those teams scheduled, not sure when they play it matters...we have FSU every year on our OOC schedule, in '17 we play Michigan at Jerry's World, and rumblings abound that starting in '18 Miami will become an every year game meaning we'll have a true "State Champion"

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
all conferences have those teams scheduled, not sure when they play it matters...we have FSU every year on our OOC schedule, in '17 we play Michigan at Jerry's World, and rumblings abound that starting in '18 Miami will become an every year game meaning we'll have a true "State Champion"

Because scheduling an FCS school at all is a joke if you are the best conference in America. Scheduling them the week before the rivalry games is just a buffer as a way to rest up and get a pseduo-bye week.

If anyone's OOC scheduling should be criticized it's Baylor.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Because scheduling an FCS school at all is a joke if you are the best conference in America. Scheduling them the week before the rivalry games is just a buffer as a way to rest up and get a pseduo-bye week.

If anyone's OOC scheduling should be criticized it's Baylor.
And yet possibly leaving out a Big 12 champion again is somehow the height of injustice and heresy and HOW DARE WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad