• Dmitri Voronkov (LW)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below.

1. Liam Foudy (LW/C)
2. Kirill Marchenko (LW)

Added: Veini Vehviläinen (G)

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Gabriel Carlsson (D)
Jacob Christiansen (D)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Samuel Johannesson (D)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Samuel Knazko (D)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Cliff Pu (RW)
Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Adds through Fro
Stenlund - 10
TFW - 3
Pyyhtia - 2
Carlsson - 1
Knazko - 1
Hjorth - 1
Berni - 1

Last edited:

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
To backtrack a little: In the game between CKA and Omsk a couple days ago, Marchenko certainly had a bigger role than Chinakhov. Although they both are seeing 13-15 minutes a game, regarding the short term usage Marchenko is trending up (1st line) and Chinakhov is trending down (3rd line today). I think both are promising, but Marchenko is very hot right now. It would’ve been interesting to see how he played earlier in the season, and it’s surprising that he didn’t produce much early, because he looked like one of if not the very best player on the ice a couple days ago.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
To backtrack a little: In the game between CKA and Omsk a couple days ago, Marchenko certainly had a bigger role than Chinakhov. Although they both are seeing 13-15 minutes a game, regarding the short term usage Marchenko is trending up (1st line) and Chinakhov is trending down (3rd line today). I think both are promising, but Marchenko is very hot right now. It would’ve been interesting to see how he played earlier in the season, and it’s surprising that he didn’t produce much early, because he looked like one of if not the very best player on the ice a couple days ago.
To be fair to Chinakhov he is a 19 year old KHL rookie coming from the MHL while Marchenko is a 20 year old 2nd year in the KHL. There is a little more projection needed for Chinakhov as his development curve is pretty steep right now so its hard to guage where his ceiling might be

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Folks may remember from past polls that I have this occasional tendency to fixate on particular prospects and start advocating for them in these polls in defiance of popular opinion - and that I usually end up embarrassed by those picks afterwards. Historical examples include Andrei Plekhanov, Brent Regner, and (the most infamous) TJ Tynan.

The first candidate for this "Viqsi's Ill-Placed Prospect Obsession" position this year is now up for addition.

or, IOW... Peeke, add Knazko.

;)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Chinakhov, add Mikael Pyyhtia

3-4 is a lot like 1-2. The runner up is a lock for the next round.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Folks may remember from past polls that I have this occasional tendency to fixate on particular prospects and start advocating for them in these polls in defiance of popular opinion - and that I usually end up embarrassed by those picks afterwards. Historical examples include Andrei Plekhanov, Brent Regner, and (the most infamous) TJ Tynan.

The first candidate for this "Viqsi's Ill-Placed Prospect Obsession" position this year is now up for addition.

;)

Dammit!
I went Stenlund this time and planned to vote Knazko as my add next.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

;)

I voted for him in the first round. Peeke has shown he is a legit NHLer, and he’ll likely be 2nd pair RD. To me a 2nd pair RD is more important than all but maybe 4 forwards (legit top line wings and 1C and 2C). For example, right now I’d say Savard is more important than almost all the forwards except PLD. Do the forward prospects have top line potential? Maybe a couple do, but I am more certain that Peeke will be a legit 2nd pair defenseman on the right side than any other prospect will be a legit top line forward.

Or did I misread your post and your IOW is Knazko?

PS: I met T.J. Tynan once. He was really down to earth.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

;)

Knazko?

What do you like about him?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Chinakhov add TFW

I voted for him in the first round. Peeke has shown he is a legit NHLer, and he’ll likely be 2nd pair RD. To me a 2nd pair RD is more important than all but maybe 4 forwards (legit top line wings and 1C and 2C). For example, right now I’d say Savard is more important than almost all the forwards except PLD. Do the forward prospects have top line potential? Maybe a couple do, but I am more certain that Peeke will be a legit 2nd pair defenseman on the right side than any other prospect will be a legit top line forward.

I have all of them close but with Marchenko and Chinakhov a small step ahead of Peeke and Foudy. I did weigh what you mentioned about Peeke's value. To me if that 2nd pair RHD is the guy that is also leading the pairing, a #3, then he's more valuable than all but a few forwards. If he's a #4, then not so much. Peeke should end up somewhere between those two things.

Under Jarmo the club has been very good at churning out mid-range talents like Peeke and Foudy, but we need something more once in a while. Marchenko and Chinakhov have a chance to be that, so I value them slightly more even though the bust potential is higher.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How is Stenlund still a prospect at 24?

My question is - is he even going to be a Blue Jacket for long? What if we lose him on waivers?

When you've got a 24 year old prospect that you struggle to find a 4th line role for, and he might be lost on waivers, then I think the value to the team is pretty limited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad