Prospect Info: CBJ Board 2020 Prospect Rankings: #2

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't like "shiny new toy" syndrome at all, but I am pretty perplexed that Chinakhov lags behind Marchenko so dramatically in this poll. He's been better this year, and way more dynamic. I also think he's far far safer bet to become an NHL player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't like "shiny new toy" syndrome at all, but I am pretty perplexed that Chinakhov lags behind Marchenko so dramatically in this poll. He's been better this year, and way more dynamic. I also think he's far far safer bet to become an NHL player.

Regarding Chinakhov being better - Hartley put Chinakhov on a scoring line from the beginning of the year, while Marchenko was stuck on a 4th line with other kids in SKA. Two weeks ago when Marchenko came back from his covid break he was elevated to a scoring line, and he has since scored 9 pts in 7 games. Granted, I'm not watching the games, but the production looks great for Marchenko. I do think it's close.

Reactions: Fro and Gagnefan924

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'll take the soft-pessimistic side of the argument here, I do think our 8-12 ranked prospects seem weaker than is typical.

It doesn't seem meaningful for the future though, not after the club brought in 5 or 6 promising rookies last year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If it makes you feel any better, I have him next after the coin flip.
The coin flip between Peeke and Marchenko, that is.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Marchenko has been on a tear of late and should really make anyone forget his slow start. Let's remember, SKA is a stacked team with limited spots, he's now on their top line after recovering from Covid and a short conditioning stint. Both players are very good and if I had to vote, Chinakhov is #3 on my list.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I personally will go peeke next, but just bc I am very high on him...I also think wit Yegor we can throw a blanket over how close these top 4 are...

Yeah, I had it as a top 3 + Chinakhov but...hard to argue with the placement of any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad