Prospect Info: CBJ Board 2020 Prospect Rankings: #14

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below.

1. Liam Foudy (LW/C)
2. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
3. Yegor Chinakhov (RW)
4. Andrew Peeke (D)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Veini Vehviläinen (G)
8. Kevin Stenlund (C)
9. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
10. Tim Berni (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)
12. Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
13. Eric Hjorth (D)

Added: Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm (D)

Tyler Angle (C)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Cliff Pu (RW)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Note that There Are Only Two Adds Left. This is one of those two. Next poll will be the last.

Adds (as of majormajor):
MacInnis - 6
Angle - 2
Karlberg - 1

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Thurkauf had a 20-game stretch (start of calendar year 2020) in Cleveland where he posted 7-9-16. But MacInnis was more consistent. Those are my last two adds (should it go that way). EDIT - upon further review, Peter Thome had a strong '19-'20 season, but it was just 11 games. So that may be one to consider.

So...Kivlenieks (a ~.900 goalie in the NHL in a few spot starts? Better than some long shot D prospects in my book), add MacInnis.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Just to be contrarian, add Tyler Angle.

An undersized "pest" who skates well and put up 49 Gs and 111 Pts in his last two OHL seasons (120 games). Certainly if TFW is our #9 prospect Angle deserves to be considered in the 15+ range.

OK, someone help this old man down off his soap box please.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Thurkauf had a 20-game stretch (start of calendar year 2020) in Cleveland where he posted 7-9-16. But MacInnis was more consistent. Those are my last two adds (should it go that way). EDIT - upon further review, Peter Thome had a strong '19-'20 season, but it was just 11 games. So that may be one to consider.

So...Kivlenieks (a ~.900 goalie in the NHL in a few spot starts? Better than some long shot D prospects in my book), add MacInnis.

That's pretty much my thinking with my vote (Kiv) and add (Mac)

I suspect I'll vote to add Sherwood next, although I don't suspect it will be met with much agreement.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
That's pretty much my thinking with my vote (Kiv) and add (Mac)

I suspect I'll vote to add Sherwood next, although I don't suspect it will be met with much agreement.

This list after the first 7-8 is very weak. And the next ~5 or so have a bit of the "well, they're not 24 and settled yet so maybe they can improve" factor. The rest? Not good.

Will be interesting to do year-to-year comparisons next week, but I have a feeling this will be looked at as the worst prospect pool in quite some time.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This list after the first 7-8 is very weak. And the next ~5 or so have a bit of the "well, they're not 24 and settled yet so maybe they can improve" factor. The rest? Not good.

Will be interesting to do year-to-year comparisons next week, but I have a feeling this will be looked at as the worst prospect pool in quite some time.

I hate to always be Mr. Positive Guy, but I feel like we (meaning someone or someones) say pretty much this every year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Add MacInnis.

He's got a real chance at carving out a Riley Nash type career, maybe even starting in the NHL next year.

I have the remaining guys in semi-distinct groups:

Not real prospects, unlikely to be signed to NHL deals

Howarth
Karlberg
Pu
Thome

Also seems like a bust but limited info

Stucker

Solid enough, could fight into fourth line jobs soon

MacInnis
Thurkauf
Sherwood

Very young, relatively higher potential
Angle

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I really do not get what y'all see in MacInnis. I look at him and I think "forever quadruple-A", coasting on draft position and a famous father. :dunno:

Reactions: Xoggz22

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really do not get what y'all see in MacInnis. I look at him and I think "forever quadruple-A", coasting on draft position and a famous father. :dunno:

You think being ranked #19 on this list is too high for him?

I'll let you fight it out with Monsters fan(s).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

the real life Ryan MacInnis isn’t ‘coasting’ at all but instead has fashioned himself into a useful call-up who doesn’t hurt your squad. Who knows then, maybe a role as a fourth-line regular if he takes another step. That’s of value to an organization. At this point (like major said, 19th essentially) I’ll take that over the rest do the list who don’t really offer any upside or promise in my limited view.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
That’s my feeling on Sherwood minus the dad thing.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
To me, MacInnis/Sherwood vs Karlberg/Angle is less about those players and more about a philosophy for how one perceives the 15-20 range of prospects.

Speaking only for myself, I'm totally comfortable with a few guys in there being organizational depth. But I get the idea that it's a place more for guys who are likely misses but who would be better players if they did manage to hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->