Prospect Info: CBJ Board 2020 Prospect Rankings: #12

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below.

1. Liam Foudy (LW/C)
2. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
3. Yegor Chinakhov (RW)
4. Andrew Peeke (D)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW)
6. Daniil Tarasov (G)
7. Veini Vehviläinen (G)
8. Kevin Stenlund (C)
9. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
10. Tim Berni (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)

Added: Samuel Johannesson (D)

Tyler Angle (C)
Jacob Christiansen (D)
Ole Julian Bjorgvik Holm (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Cliff Pu (RW)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)

Adds (as of Nanabijou):
Christiansen - 4
Bjorgvik Holm - 3
MacInnis - 1
Karlberg - 1

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Christiansen won the coin toss between him and Carlsson on my list, but he's not an available option. So, I guess... Carlsson, add Christiansen.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Incidentally, I'm beginning to think I've underrated Pyyhtia. Not sure, but the more I see the more I think "hmm, that's plausible". But for now I'm sticking with my list as prepared (which has him right after the Christiansen/Carlsson "idk flip a coin" position).

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I remember MAB being like a smaller Wiz, so that doesn't mean that much to me. You'd have to tell me your impression of MAB first.
right now I see him as a PP only player. idk if his defense capacity are ever gonna be enough to get an nhl spot. it's pretty much all on how he transition to pro game. if he manage to get top scoring D in the ahl he might get a shot like them. being bigger might help someone. he is as bigger wiz than wiz was bigger than mab

but I just kinda said that because wiz was an actual nhl level dman even if not perfect. mab was really just a pp guy.

he still have an higher ceiling than MAB probably as he can definitely get to zach two-way level at least. but it's still far off.

he barely played in the ahl last year and couldn't follow the game at all so not sure how he will do this year. he took time to develop in junior too so I wouldn't be that surprise if he doesn't play that well this year and next but start pumping point after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Incidentally, I'm beginning to think I've underrated Pyyhtia. Not sure, but the more I see the more I think "hmm, that's plausible". But for now I'm sticking with my list as prepared (which has him right after the Christiansen/Carlsson "idk flip a coin" position).

If you keep underrating him, that means me voting for him like 4 votes now is pretty spot on

Reactions: Doggy

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Fantastic shooter. Not much else there. Maybe a Wiz-type player? That's all I got.
I was going back and forth between "do I like the defensive guy who might be bouncing back but has otherwise been troublesome or the new free agent who shoots well but in that reminds me uncomfortably of one of my earliest prospect infatuation fails? f***it, flip a coin."

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
but I just kinda said that because wiz was an actual nhl level dman even if not perfect.

You know we had many great discussions about whether that was the case. :laugh::laugh: :D

I was going back and forth between "do I like the defensive guy who might be bouncing back but has otherwise been troublesome or the new free agent who shoots well but in that reminds me uncomfortably of one of my earliest prospect infatuation fails? f***it, flip a coin."

I'll admit that I'm just going on trajectory. Christiansen is coming off a huge season, while Carlsson looked the best four years ago, has never found that consistent level again. I blame his back problems, or something to do with his weak posture on the ice. I'd sooner bet on Christiansen being taught to play defense in our system than bet on Carlsson fixing his body.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
You know we had many great discussions about whether that was the case. :laugh::laugh: :D

I'll admit that I'm just going on trajectory. Christiansen is coming off a huge season, while Carlsson looked the best four years ago, has never found that consistent level again. I blame his back problems, or something to do with his weak posture on the ice. I'd sooner bet on Christiansen being taught to play defense in our system than bet on Carlsson fixing his body.

I agree if Christainsen can translate his game to the NHL he would definitely pass Carlsson because he has that offensive ability Torts likes from his D-men. Carlsson, though, did have his best season last year for Cleveland. He was the only double digit plus guy on the whole team. His positioning has gotten much better, but he lacks the ability to really push the play to offense in transition. That will probably be his downfall here, unless the Jackets want a 3rd pair that is primarily for defense, and not expected to bring the puck up. Not that he can't, it just isn't his game. I don't seem to remember him missing time this year for injury. He was either playing here, or being the 7th defenseman in Columbus.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I agree if Christainsen can translate his game to the NHL he would definitely pass Carlsson because he has that offensive ability Torts likes from his D-men. Carlsson, though, did have his best season last year for Cleveland. He was the only double digit plus guy on the whole team. His positioning has gotten much better, but he lacks the ability to really push the play to offense in transition. That will probably be his downfall here, unless the Jackets want a 3rd pair that is primarily for defense, and not expected to bring the puck up. Not that he can't, it just isn't his game. I don't seem to remember him missing time this year for injury. He was either playing here, or being the 7th defenseman in Columbus.

Yes, perhaps it's just my theory, but Carlsson even though technically healthy still has way too much game to game inconsistency in terms of how he moves around the ice. He doesn't look like the same player every time I see him.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
How an earth Pyyhtiä is getting this? He is winning Kiv,Carlsson? These guys are already played in NHL, Pyyhtiä is average level player in u20 team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad