Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Blue Jackets sign Stefan Matteau (2 years, $700k AAV, 2-way)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
This is the guy NJD picked with the 2nd last pick of the 1st that year everyone said they should forfeit their 1st, right?

The league sort of bailed them out and let them slide their pick to the end of the first round, but they ended up going from 11th (Kevin Fiala with players like Larkin, DeAngelo, Vrana, Tuch available) to picking Quenville at 30th.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is the guy NJD picked with the 2nd last pick of the 1st that year everyone said they should forfeit their 1st, right?

The league sort of bailed them out and let them slide their pick to the end of the first round, but they ended up going from 11th (Kevin Fiala with players like Larkin, DeAngelo, Vrana, Tuch available) to picking Quenville at 30th.

yes, stupid choice by them

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m still bitter Lou didn’t forfeit the puck that turned into Matteau.
There is no logic at all to it whatsoever and I’d love to hear Lou’s reasoning .
It would be something like “ because I felt like it and no one can tell me what to do and I think we will pick 30th next year so I’m taking this years pick ....”
This and the Zacha pick drive me crazy . I like Zacha but only reason he was drafted at that spot was because Lou was going into the season with zero NHL C and took the most NHL ready kid ...
Larkin and Rantanen sound a little better than Zacha and Matteau .

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I’m still bitter Lou didn’t forfeit the puck that turned into Matteau.
There is no logic at all to it whatsoever and I’d love to hear Lou’s reasoning .
It would be something like “ because I felt like it and no one can tell me what to do and I think we will pick 30th next year so I’m taking this years pick ....”
This and the Zacha pick drive me crazy . I like Zacha but only reason he was drafted at that spot was because Lou was going into the season with zero NHL C and took the most NHL ready kid ...
Larkin and Rantanen sound a little better than Zacha and Matteau .
Zacha was Shero no?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

yeah, such a shame.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad