CBJ At the World Juniors

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well, i don't think Tarasov is going to play against Canada now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Marchenko is just OK so far for me.

Tarasov is doing well. Not as great today as he was against Denmark, but he still stood in there and made big saves. As others posted, his injury scare made me nervous. Could have been ugly and I am glad he's alright. I doubt he plays against Canada, but I hope he's the main guy going forward after that.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Have you guys checked the standings, average age of our team/best players and some of the prospects we have coming in while not being drafted in the 1st couple rounds??

:dunno:

??

Why should ANY of these guys be fired?

I assumed it was either HAWT TAKES or sarcasm. Was kind of hoping for sarcasm.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Look how the Kazakhs have one player pretty much only focusing on Bemström on the powerplay. Teams in the SHL has started to do the same. So much respect for him on the powerplay, lethal.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

:whaaa?:

I'm not sure people will quite understand how crazy that is to put the puck where he did from where the blade of his stick/the puck was at. To intentionally draw the goalie over to the 1 side with a couple "pump fakes" and go over his shoulder like that far side, is somethin.

This goal along with the breakaway/5 hole goal that he "lost control" of (among many other goals he has scored) shows a LEGIT ability to not only bury the puck in tough/odd situations, but to actually have the awareness to put himself/the puck in these "unique" spots to actually throw the goalie off by knowing he has the a ability to literally put the puck somewhere the goalie doesn't think he can.

I see more of an Atkinson/ Bjorkstrand hybrid. More of a Atkinson style with a dash of Bjorkstrands shooting ability/release.

All these late round picks becoming legit "NHL regulars" is unsustainable. Among other things.

Fire Siren.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
:whaaa?:

I'm not sure people will quite understand how crazy that is to put the puck where he did from where the blade of his stick/the puck was at. To intentionally draw the goalie over to the 1 side with a couple "pump fakes" and go over his shoulder like that far side, is somethin.

Bemstrom is the guy tapping the puck in the net, not breaking into the zone with the pump fakes.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Bemstrom is the guy tapping the puck in the net, not breaking into the zone with the pump fakes.

Ah I see now, I thought it went "bar down".

I will add, its not as spectacular obviously, but just shows another way he is willing and able to score goals by crashing the net, not just blasting 1 timers.

The "move" to tuck the puck in 5 hole on the breakaway a couple games ago was very nice also. My point is to highlight his "touch" and soft hands that goes along with a legit hard 'NHL' shot.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Bemstrom and Sweden get upset by Berni and Switzerland, and their tournament is over. Bemstrom was named 2nd best Swedish player of the tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad