Dreger: "CBJ and Nashville with trade offers for Matt Duchene"

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Do you think Pittsburgh got lucky this year with injuries? And those rookies are still on elc oh and that other goal tender Pittsburgh has...Jarry? He's pretty good too. Freaking ott took the pens to seven with injuries specifically to letang. A even more injury riddled Penguins team decimated cbj this year. The bluejackets are an embarrassing team trying to live in the shadow Of Pittsburgh, Washington and Philly.
Can't tell if serious....

Jerry would not have been able to do what Fleury did in the first round, Pittsburgh might have been able to win, but Malkin or Sid would have had to take it to another level.

And yes a team that's been in the league half as long as the others is trying to make a name for itself. One of those teams has two generational players no matter what your definition of a generational player is. And the other has Alexander Ovechkin who will go down as one of the greatest goal scorers (and playoff chokers) in the game. And Philly isn't exactly casting any shadows these days...

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
"Home" means Vancouver.

Don't worry. He'll never play in Columbus again.

Two year running playoff totals: Nashville 19 wins, Columbus 1 win.
#1Cs are really important:laugh:

Especially when you have one of the best defenses in the league. The Nashville top 4 didn't lose a beat losing Jones. That's trading from strength. Nashville was already a good team when they acquired Joey, so, yes, having a 1C is critical... if you also have a strong defense in place already.

Columbus is now in the position Nashville was, although with less experience. Adding a 1C or another 2C with 1C potential puts them in the same position as Nashville.

Point is, trading Joey for Jones did nothing but improve Columbus and Nashville. Good trade that would be done all over again. Columbus now has a strong position to trade from to add a similar piece in a similar way. (That's not meant to imply Murray is on the level with Jones but Duchene isn't on the level with Joey either.)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't give any insight into how many CBJ games I watch per year. Its foolish of you to assume that.

I wouldn't expect a general majority of a teams fan base to hold an unbiased opinion about their players, which is why I use stats to verify my thoughts on players I watch.

If you can find actual reasoning to back up your argument I'd be happy to discuss it further.

Unfortunately your posts actually indicate you don't watch CBJ games and only rely on stats. Stats won't tell you who played with Jones in the last 5 minutes, or third period, of close games. Stats won't tell you Murray was the most trusted CBJ defenseman to pair with a rookie...while playing his off side. I'm sure there are other points to make here but it's moot at this point.

I'm not here to say Murray is the second coming but he's not a bottom pair scrub like some appear to make him out to be.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Age is irrelevant, as Duchene is still in his prime. "Lesser" is purely based on opinion. They may (or may not) feel Duchene is the superior player, in which case the trade could make sense, especially if they feel PLD is close to competing.

There are a lot of different options CBJ could take, as their good track record has given them a lot of good young players. Should they choose to try and win the Cup in the next 2 years to align with Panarin, then moving for Duchene could make sense. Should they go a longer approach then it would make less sense.

There is also the possibility that there simply isnt a trade to be had here.

That's rich when you only use "stats" to indicate how poor Murray is. Duchene would be an upgrade at C for the CBJ. Having or Wennberg on the ice changes the game a bit for the CBJ. The offensive skill would be helpful and an upgrade to Dubi. My issue with you is primarily that there is more underlying than stats. Visual indication and performance is the true judge. Situation also helps. I suspect Duchene would push to 60+ points with CBJ if it were to happen.

I like the idea of getting him but I don't like the idea of losing both Murray and JEnner.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad