Dreger: "CBJ and Nashville with trade offers for Matt Duchene"

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
NHL insider Scott Cullen. NHL insider Darren Dreger. CBJ beat writer Aaron Portzline reporting the CBJ have offered Ryan Murray and a least Boone Jenner.......

We sure are hearing a lot of leaked offers from team reporters. It sounds like teams are hoping to pressure Colorado and I think it does reflect the level of interest.

As for this purported offer, I suppose it all depends on how the Avs view Murray. He seemed to regress last year badly in terms of his advanced stats. On the other hand, Duchene went south in his game that last half of the season.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
NHL insider Scott Cullen. NHL insider Darren Dreger. CBJ beat writer Aaron Portzline reporting the CBJ have offered Ryan Murray and a least Boone Jenner.......

Great !
...now you're only a 1st or PLD away from landing Duchene according to Avs fans. ;)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Duchene on Columbus would so so much fun to watch.

I'm not low on Murray but I was hoping we'd get a bit better defender. But he's young and should be a decent top 4 guy. Jenner I'm not too familiar with.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I've seen Dreger's, do you have links for the other sources? Sakic better get off his ass....

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Duchene on Columbus would so so much fun to watch.

I'm not low on Murray but I was hoping we'd get a bit better defender. But he's young and should be a decent top 4 guy. Jenner I'm not too familiar with.

Jenner is awesome... IMO this deal would be a steal for you guys. Id be extremely dissapointed in cbj if they did this

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States

If this is what you are talking about then in no way does this count as anything more than outdated speculation on the personnel involved. I don't doubt an offer has been made and it may include those two but I do not think that info is truly out there.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Someone talk to me about Jenner.

Strengths?
Weaknesses?

Busts his ass, plays hard every shift, will be an assistant captain as soon as next year and will put up points....

Weaknesses maybe is he wont provide the huge offense that everyone hoped Duchene would have by now?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Seems like a lot for Duchene, if true.

Dating back to March when the main threads were about Montreal, Chicago etc. i offered Murray + Jenner.

People said "that's horrible for Avs", "what a horrendeous offer", "where's the top pairing d-man" etc.

How times change.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Where are you getting both Jenner and Murray?

Scott Cullen hypothesized that it could be around Murray/Jenner which means Murray or Jenner.

Dreger just says we made an offer (along with Nashville).

Portzline just says it's expected to be Murray and maybe another roster player.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Lol, ok.

How bout a little more substance.

His shot and size are elite, he uses them well. He’s your front of the net man usually.

Weaknesses, I don’t know, he’s pretty well rounded as a player. Could be quicker in his first steps, but I think the Jenner you see now is the Jenner you’re getting :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->