Confirmed with Link: CBJ acquires Ryan MacInnis, send Jacob Graves to Arizona

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I normally don't like the idea of trading a 6th rounder (who could become anything) for a 22 year old who has limited upside. This is a guy I've liked for a while though. I'm excited to see what they can do with Ryan Macinnis. We've got a good number of big rangy centers in Cleveland now - Vigneault, Robinson, Stenlund.
A lot of the guys we have been taking late are over agers anyways though. Not saying this directly towards you just to everyone in here kinda saying similar things. We often use our late picks on young undersized kids needing tons of work but have raw potential or older guys over looked multiple years. This guy was only drafted 3? Years back I think it was. Im pretty sure he was ranked a 1st round talent but slid some. One of those 15-45 guys that are always so difficult to judge where they will go. Im also pretty sure I saw a couple of our fans suggest a year after he was drafted we should trade for him and Murphy when he was still there because they thought he had good potential and we needed C then too. Anyways again not really directed at you but to me this is like making that 6th round pick a year early based on our tendencies if that makes.sense.

Reactions: Jim Walker

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A lot of the guys we have been taking late are over agers anyways though. Not saying this directly towards you just to everyone in here kinda saying similar things. We often use our late picks on young undersized kids needing tons of work but have raw potential or older guys over looked multiple years. This guy was only drafted 3? Years back I think it was. Im pretty sure he was ranked a 1st round talent but slid some. One of those 15-45 guys that are always so difficult to judge where they will go. Im also pretty sure I saw a couple of our fans suggest a year after he was drafted we should trade for him and Murphy when he was still there because they thought he had good potential and we needed C then too. Anyways again not really directed at you but to me this is like making that 6th round pick a year early based on our tendencies if that makes.sense.

I definitely made proposals for Ryan Macinnis. His value has only gone down since. I don't even want to know what I proposed sending for him. :laugh: Probably Milano. Anyways, I'm even happier to have both!

Reactions: mikeyp24

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
The Monsters don't look to be trash this year which will be nice. After that magic Calder Cup run, even being competitive again is just gravy.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If there's one thing that hasn't changed in all the years I've posted here, it's that the "plan the parade route" posts are every bit as funny as they were a decade ago.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
this is true, if you have watched any draft and listened to the premium placed on the kids whose fathers were great players.. Al Mcinnist had a blue line cannon. He and Pronger were were a great 1st pairing for the Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad