Cam was a 6th round pick

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't like giving away draft picks from any rounds for a player
who has played 0 NHL games

MacInnis has 31 points (14 goals, 17 Assist) in 127 AHL games
31/127= 0.24 points a game

Cam was a 6th round pick

it just conditional so it's not as bad I guess maybe one of the staff know him and have hope in him to become a 4th line center

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
it just conditional so it's not as bad I guess maybe one of the staff know him and have hope in him to become a 4th line center

The condition is it becomes a 5th round pick if MacInnis plays 20 games in the NHL this year.

It's either a 6th or a 5th, just seems like a trend with Jarmo that He continues
to give away picks in trades.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I don't like giving away draft picks from any rounds for a player
who has played 0 NHL games

MacInnis has 31 points (14 goals, 17 Assist) in 127 AHL games
31/127= 0.24 points a game

Cam was a 6th round pick
Yeah, what a bizarre move. The guy had 14 points in 60 games last season, his second in the AHL. Better players clear waivers every season. Losing a dart for nothing.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Yeah not really sure why we made this trade. Is Cleveland's center depth that desperate? I don't like trading another late round pick since we already gave up a 2019 5th to move up in the draft this year. We're missing a 2nd, 5th, and now a 6th in 2019...

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yeah, what a bizarre move. The guy had 14 points in 60 games last season, his second in the AHL. Better players clear waivers every season. Losing a dart for nothing.
He’s also a center , only 22 I believe , was a second round pick , and has been stuck in Airzonas organization, plus he’s 6’4 185 , may just be a situation where he needs to add some strength

Coyotes 21 under 21 - Ryan MacInnis

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
You have to imagine that Jarmo put this before Panarin before he pulled the trigger.

I feel better about our changes of him staying now.

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
InB4: somebody claims a draft pick was pissed away because the front office wanted to make a somewhat Blues related nostalgic trade.

Reactions: mikeyp24

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I like it. He was picked about 30 picks after Milano, for reference. Graves was probably fighting for 12th on the depth chart on D, and MacInnis is still a young kid that adds to our options at center going forward.

I wouldn’t think of this too differently than any of these 20 year olds Jarmo keeps drafting. It is a more developed player that Jarmo can more easily project where he fits in the organization. Maybe he sees someone that was getting 4th line AHL time in Tucson that can challenge for a top 6 spot in Cleveland this season, or potentially for a bottom 6 spot in the next year or two.

It seems strange to me that there is a condition on this trade that IF MacInnis plays 20 games in Columbus this year, it’s a 5th round pick. That at least means that Jarmo was talking about the potential of him playing in Columbus.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I actually don't mind this move at all. Good gamble for a 2nd round pick. However, we do need to re-stock our prospect cupboard. We're running low on picks.

InB4: somebody claims a draft pick was pissed away because the front office wanted to make a somewhat Blues related nostalgic trade.

holy shit we get it.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I dont know how anyone can be angry at this trade. I wanted the guy that draft anyways and this is a late pick for a position of need and a kid that they see is worth the cost. Picks can aleays be accumulated later with Panarin (if leaving), Murray (If Peake and Gavrikov are ready), or other moves.

I'd hate to see what our fans would say if we didnt have a top 5 or so management team. The best span we have ever had in our history and guys want him ousted. We cant get Panarin signed sonwhonis blamed? The guy who stole him for Saad. The same Saad who was stolem for AA and Dano. It isnt his fault a guy is more interested in what city he lives in then winning. They guy stated how much he liked the Coach, team, and fans but doesnt care about that. Money isn't the problem either. Because JK we have PLD instead or pool party. Instead of Haniffan and losing other assets to move up we have Werenski. Instead of dealing with a problem C and his agent being overpaid majorly we have a 23yo who is a top 5 defender in the league. We have guys like Gavrikov and Nutivaara because his scouting for diamonds in the rough. Same with our goalie group. Even look at guys like Abramov, Tex, Fouty, and our 2nd this year (I cant spell Khril? Or his last name for shit so sorry haha) as guys who werent these studs people expected to take when they were, yet they are looking like guys we can expect to be impact players when they do make it.

Browns fans have more faith then you guys around here with JK and JD.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I normally don't like the idea of trading a 6th rounder (who could become anything) for a 22 year old who has limited upside. This is a guy I've liked for a while though. I'm excited to see what they can do with Ryan Macinnis. We've got a good number of big rangy centers in Cleveland now - Vigneault, Robinson, Stenlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad