Confirmed with Link: CBJ acquire Malcolm Subban for future considerations

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
But he also has an NHL contract and can be recalled.He's UFA at the end of the season. They are insuring Jet remains in Cleveland through the end of the season. He hasn't played in the NHL for 2 years.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Tinfoil hat theory - acquiring him with the expectation for a Elvis or Tarasov trade.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I figure this trade was to give Cleveland a veteran goalie to back up Greaves for their stretch run, while also allowing Greaves the ability to come up and get some NHL games in to reward him for his season.

I think we could see anther minor league move for a forward down there so we can get TFW and Meyer some games too.

Reactions: CBJx614 and VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I figure this trade was to give Cleveland a veteran goalie to back up Greaves for their stretch run, while also allowing Greaves the ability to come up and get some NHL games in to reward him for his season.

I think we could see anther minor league move for a forward down there so we can get TFW and Meyer some games too.
With Tarasov's injuries in the past, I'm not even surprised. Although this season he hasn't been injured during the course of it.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
really hoping that this is a precursor to an elvis trade.

like it or not, one of the best moves the current (interim) regime can do for the incoming one is to get out from under that contract. i don't think elvis is a bad goalie, but i also don't think it's prudent to tie up cap/term at that position until you 100% have the guy.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
IF there is an injury to Elvis or Tarasov through the rest of the season. I'm willing to bet Subban is the recall and not Jet.

Let Cleveland play important games at the end of the season with their key players and develop that.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

If they want to call guys up to give them an NHL paycheck, fine. They can sit in the press box, or be backup, but unless they are filling an injury spot and have to play, no need to give them games, and they shouldn't miss any here. They have nothing locked up yet, and still need to finish strong to maybe get home ice for a few rounds.

Maybe if there are games left after everything is clinched and locked up they could go there, but they should be focused here.

Reactions: Viqsi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
A little disappointing in that I thought Considerations might turn it around here but I guess not.
I think once they included additional Considerations we were screwed. One consideration is all the CBJ have, if that.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wonder if there's ever been an all-black goalie tandem in the AHL before.
I want to say Emery and Weekes were together at one point on the Sens or something but I'm not sure if that was actually the case.

EDIT: Nope; per hockeydb that was entirely in my head. :(

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I want to say Emery and Weekes were together at one point on the Sens or something but I'm not sure if that was actually the case.

EDIT: Nope; per hockeydb that was entirely in my head. :(
I figure there probably has been in the NHL, but I wasn't sure about the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad