CBC Newsworld reports:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

Leafer4Life said:
This website is screwed up. Practically every minute I get a message saying that there seems to be a slight problem with the database...........

you don't say....

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
No Bettman in the room; no Goodenow in the room.

What a joke. Neither top rep is there.

It's a PR stunt on Hockey Day in Canada to help save face.

No season will happen this year, though some sort of "progress" and "agreement in principle" wll be declared for next season, though outstanding issues will need to be negotiated in the months ahead before anything is signed.

That's my theory. Seems obvious to me.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
VanIslander said:

No season will happen this year, though some sort of "progress" and "agreement in principle" wll be declared for next season, though outstanding issues will need to be negotiated in the months ahead before anything is signed.

:shakehead

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
VanIslander said:

Do you understand what public relations is?

What you're describing would be the opposite of good public relations.

I know the NHL and NHLPA aren't too bright. But I think even they would know that capitalizing on the spotlight from Hockey Day in Canada to announce the season is still cancelled isn't a good idea.

mooseOAK*

VanIslander said:

Big deal. As long as they have the guys who will actually be playing the game and the ones who will actually be paying the money, that's the important group.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
VanIslander said:

See ya next season, don't bother to listen or watch any games this year.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
VanIslander said:

I'm sorry, but you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Bettman is there. If theres a deal he likes he can sign it. He doesn't need the owners consent even -- he has the power. However, they can veto it with 22 votes.

Goodenow isn't the head of the Union. Mike Gartner, Linden, etc (the board) is the power. They can fire Goodenow, he must listen to them. Those are the guys at the meeting. They are the people with the power and with the most to loose.

These are the people who should have been there all along.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Howard Berger from the fan 590 (who is in new york) just reported the NHL has tentatively scheduled a press conference for 6:00. Also the score ticker reported that their in the process of organizing a press conference! This can only mean good news, people, good news!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
i simply cannot believe this.

i was just thinking that whenever this is all over and done with, even when the players are on the ice playing in the second round of playoffs, i'll still wonder when the deal's about to fall through.

it just never ends.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
[Fire Sather] said:
What I dont understand is what the PC was for.

Obviously it was to announce a deal. Which is why I'm almost certain that there was a deal in place which was shot down by an owners vote (to confirm the deal).

Imo, the next step the NHL will do is make an offer for next season and then call impasse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad