CBC Newsworld reports:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

HOPEFULLY THIS GETS DONE, I WANT TO USE MY FREE BOXES AT THE ACC :yo:

A Good Flying Bird*

scaredsensfan said:
That the NHL has borrowed their satelite truck in anticipation of an "announcement".... Hmmmmm... (this is as of 2 minutes ago)

Damn. CBC promised ME use of their satellite truck today.

Great. Now what am I supposed to do?

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Newsguyone said:
Damn. CBC promised ME use of their satellite truck today.

Great. Now what am I supposed to do?
what are you talking about? They said I could use it! Those NHL people and their shady tactics. Now how am I going to broadcast my plot of world domination to the UN?

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
futurcorerock said:
what are you talking about? They said I could use it! Those NHL people and their shady tactics. Now how am I going to broadcast my plot of world domination to the UN?

You could take the more traditional route of the single camera in your evil lair, which inexplicably has a direct link to the UN.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Correct me if my logic is faulty here... but how would the NHL know in advance about a press conference WHILE they are still meeting with the players, unless they are going to announce that there has been a deal in principle? I mean if they were disagreeing now they wouldn't be schedulign a press conference announcing no progress WHILE thep layers are still meeting with them...

CBC newsworld is the first source to report from a "credible" news source that there are rumblings of a Press Conference.

I pretty much dont believe anything the media spouts, but I must admit that since December 9th when the players made their proposal... I have been addicted to checking the latest developments more or less. The first 3 months I barely gave a **** but since then its quite addicting... in a bad way.

Ah well, the end is near.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
scaredsensfan said:
Correct me if my logic is faulty here... but how would the NHL know in advance about a press conference WHILE they are still meeting with the players, unless they are going to announce that there has been a deal in principle?
Perhaps the negotiators agreed but they need to get the votes, or they have agreed to all the big stuff and they want to get all the loose ends tied up that they can before they go on air. Or perhaps someone is just jumping the shark.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
StickShift said:
For what it's worth... "CBC News correspondent Tom Harrington is in New York, and he reports the NHL plans to hold a press conference later Saturday, although the nature of the league's annoucement is uncertain."

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/02/19/Sports/hockeytalks_resume050220.html

Thanks for the link! If their holding a press conference, it can only be for one reason: to announce the uncancellation of the season! They wouldn't hold one, otherwise............ :handclap:

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
They may have already agreed on the big matter. They may just be working on the other details of the CBA that are required before you can even walk out and say you have agreed on anything.

Crows*

I find it very hard to beleive that they would call a press conference to "cancel the potential uncancellation of the season" :lol

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Dr Love said:
Or perhaps someone is just jumping the shark.

Hah. I think you mean jumping the gun. Jumping the shark is something completely different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->